Our Experience With The Parliament House
- FSA assisted the Parliament House of Victoria to implement a confined space safety management system
- An on-site confined space audit of well over 50 spaces was conducted to ensure that all spaces were accurately identified and assessed
FSA was asked by the Parliament House of Victoria to develop and implement a confined space safety management system. There wasn’t any current confined space safety procedures or policy that was up to date with the VIC OH&S Regulations an AS2865-2009.
We undertook the task to bring the compliance of the facility up to date by:
- Writing a confined space safety policy in line with the VIC OH&S Regulations
- Writing confined space safety procedures in line with the VIC OH&S Regulations
- Writing a specific confined space job safety analysis worksheet in line with the VIC OH&S Regulations
- Writing a confined space entry permit in line with the VIC OH&S Regulations
- Completing an on-site audit of over 50 potential confined spaces which included a JSA for each and a decision as to ‘whether or not it is a confined space’
- Completing tailored confined space entry training which took into account the new confined space safety management system that we had written and the practical confined space training exercises to ensure that all personnel were safe to work within these areas.
FSA has provided an effective solution for a problem that has been around for some time. We promptly completed all works within time and financial budgets and can provide support as needed for organisations involved in confined space work.
Click to download Fire & Safety Australia Client Case Study – Parliament House (VIC)
Please contact us for the contact details for this client for a verbal reference if needed.