Our Experience with Qantas
- We have run tailored height safety training for Tullamarine and Mascot based Qantas engineers for over 3 years
- We looked at the specific requirements for engineers to work at heights and designed a tailored height safety training program and assessment tools to ensure that this was relevant to both Qantas facilities.
- We have completed confined space audits and confined space risk assessments for Boeing 737 aircraft.
We have partnered with Qantas for over 3 years for height safety training delivery. We began when Qantas asked us to put together a specific height safety training program for all engineers in Sydney and Melbourne. Qantas engineers are required to work at height through a multitude of measures such as:
- Using fall arrest harnesses and static lines
- Using vertical height safety systems whereby users attach a type 2 fall arrest device to their fall arrest harnesses to freely walk along wing and fuselage surfaces
- Using movable ladders and platforms for work at height tasks
- Using elevated work platforms (EWP’s) to gain access to high points on the aircraft to conduct maintenance
After conducting an on-site height safety training needs analysis and observing this work in action, FSA tailored a height safety training program that met Qantas needs and ensured a balanced combination of both theory and practical training delivery. We concentrated on ensuring the maximum ‘hands on’ instruction for the engineers, as in our experience we are better to keep people who work with their hands on a daily basis with their ‘hands on’ the equipment that we are using to ensure that they absorb the training. We tailored an assessment package to ensure that all assessment questions aligned directly to the requirements of Qantas’ safety management system and work at height policy.
This height safety training has been conducted for several years and we are pleased to be associated with Qantas and their commitment to safe work practices.
Click to download Fire & Safety Australia Client Case Study – QANTAS
Please contact us for the contact details for this client for a verbal reference if needed.