Our Experience With Shell
- A full-time emergency services officer for over 12 months
- A 7 day turn around to have a full-time permanent FSA ESO on-site
- Contract specific Health/Safety/Environment/Quality plan written
FSA has worked with Shell for over 12 months in the supply of an onsite emergency services officer (ESO) to meet Shell’s emergency response requirements. Being a large petrochemical refinery situated on the Parramatta River, Shell has an onsite emergency response team of 1-2 emergency services officers whom are comprehensively supported by 2 onsite fire appliances, as well as fire fighting and rescue equipment.
Shell has announced closure of this site in the next 2-3 years and has now ceased production at the refinery. Shell had several employees leave the organisation and was reluctant to employ more personnel for a short timeframe. FSA has provided a cost-effective stop-gap measure to provide Shell refinery with 1 outsourced full-time ESO for a 12 month period.
This has provided Shell with a full time employee through FSA who was inducted and trained up to Shell’s required level. The FSA ESO provides the following capabilities to Shell on rolling 6 month contracts, assisting Shell have a full emergency response capability:
- Fire fighting both fixed fire system and hose line/monitor usage
- Breathing Apparatus and SAR
- Confined Space Standby/Rescue
- Vertical Rescue
- Occupational First Aid (including Oxygen and Defibrillator)
- HAZMAT Response and other incident response as it may arise
Click to download Fire & Safety Australia Client Case Study – Shell Refinery
Please contact us for the contact details for this client for a verbal reference if needed.