Confined Space Training Brisbane
When it comes to working in confined spaces, safety should always be the top priority. That’s why your team must undergo comprehensive confined space training in Brisbane. Our programs are designed to equip your team with the necessary skills and knowledge to work safely and effectively in confined spaces.
Our Brisbane-based confined space training courses are aligned with confined space legislation, ensuring that our participants receive training that meets the highest standards of safety and compliance in Australia.
By enrolling your team in our training programs, you invest in their safety, competence, and confidence when working in confined spaces. Learn more about our courses below, or book your training online today.
Our Confined Space Training in Brisbane
Confined space hazards and rescues present a series of unique challenges that require specialised training. Our confined space rescue training in Brisbane goes beyond the basics, encompassing a comprehensive breathing apparatus review to guarantee secure and effective rescues in cramped and hazardous environments.
Participants will learn from the best and gain the expertise and hands-on skills needed to execute safe and efficient extractions of individuals from confined spaces. Our training strictly adheres to the guidelines in the Australian Standard 2865-2009 and the Work Health and Safety (WHS) Regulations.
Confined Space Entry
Our confined space entry courses align with confined space regulations and offer hands-on instruction in vital areas like the proper use of breathing apparatus and hazard recognition. Acquire the proficiency required to maneuver confined spaces adeptly and safeguard your workforce.
Confined Space Rescue Training in Brisbane
Completing our hands-on confined space rescue program equips you with the expertise to manage confined space safety tools, evaluate potential hazards and risks, authorise work permits, and more.
Our Brisbane training centre boasts cutting-edge facilities, and we provide flexible learning options and on-site group training sessions to meet your specific needs. This course is suited to emergency response team members and on site safety personnel, adhering to the Australian Standard 2865-2009 and Work Health and Safety (WHS) Regulations.
Additional Training Opportunities
In addition to our confined space entry and rescue training programs, we offer supplementary instruction in Work Permit Monitoring, Risk Assessment, Gas Testing, and the operation of Breathing Apparatus.
These additional courses provide your team with a well-rounded understanding of confined space safety and equip them with the necessary skills to work safely and handle various situations they may encounter.
Custom Confined Space Training in Brisbane
Our confined space entry training can be tailored to address the unique needs and hazards in different industries or job roles, ensuring the training is relevant and practical for the participants.
With a focus on hazard familiarisation, evacuation procedures, precautionary measures, monitoring methods and permits,, our custom training is essential for site managers, engineers, safety officers, and more.
Contact us for a tailored training course to prepare your team for work.
What are the benefits of confined space training?
Investing in confined space training for your team brings numerous benefits, including:
- Safety: By providing your team with the necessary training, you ensure their safety when working in confined spaces. They will have the knowledge and skills to identify and mitigate potential hazards, reducing the risk of accidents and injuries.
- Compliance: Our confined space training courses are aligned with confined space legislation, ensuring that your team meets the highest standards of safety and compliance. This not only protects your employees but also helps you avoid costly fines and legal issues.
- Confidence and Competence: Through hands-on training and practical experience, your team will gain the confidence and competence to handle confined space scenarios effectively. They can make informed decisions, assess risks, and take appropriate action to ensure safety.
- Team Collaboration: Confined space training allows team members to work together and develop effective communication and collaboration skills. This is crucial in emergency situations where quick and coordinated action is necessary.
- Improved Efficiency: Proper training ensures that your team knows how to use equipment and follow procedures correctly. This increases efficiency and productivity as they can carry out tasks efficiently and effectively.
Who should complete confined space entry training?
Training typically covers areas such as confined space classification, atmospheric testing, ventilation techniques, emergency procedures, and the proper use of safety equipment like harnesses and lifelines.
How often should training be conducted?
Yes, depending on the nature of the confined space and the identified hazards, you might need equipment like gas detectors, ventilation equipment, harnesses, and breathing apparatus. This equipment is generally required if a safe atmosphere can’t be guaranteed.
Training should be conducted initially for all relevant personnel and then repeated at regular intervals, typically every two years, to ensure that individuals remain proficient in their knowledge and skills.
We offer confined space refresher courses to reduce the time previously educated participants need to spend in the classroom while having the opportunity to reissue nationally recognised confined space competencies in one day. Book your refresher training online today.
Note: to be eligible for this course, participants must provide evidence of attaining the following competencies within the last two years:
- MSMPER205 Enter confined space
- RIIWHS202E Enter and work in confined spaces
- MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
- MSMWHS201 Conduct hazard analysis
- MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres
- MSMPER300 Issue work permits.
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
No, there are no prerequisites for our confined space training courses. However, students must have:
- USI number
- Fitness to participate
- Personal protective equipment (PPE), including safety footwear, long pants and long sleeves
- Sufficient language, literacy, and numeracy skills to complete the course.
What happens at the end of the course?
After successful completion of the course, you will receive a Statement of Attainment for the units of competency completed, including:
- MSMWHS201 Conduct hazard analysis
- MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
- MSMPER205 Enter confined space.
How long is the course?
Our confined space entry training course runs for one day, while our confined space rescue training runs for two days.
What do I need to know before booking confined space rescue training?
We offer two confined space rescue courses in Brisbane: one for the fire sector and one for general rescue personnel. We recommend reading the course information online carefully to ensure you book the right training for you or your team.
For participants in the fire sector, please note the following prerequisites:
- PUAFIR306 Identify, detect and monitor hazardous materials at an incident
- PUASAR022 Participate in a rescue operation (delivered as part of this programme)
- HLTAID011 Provide first aid.
How many team members can join the course?
We can accommodate up to 12 team members, although this varies from course to course. For larger groups, please contact us to book custom training.
Why should I choose Fire & Safety Australia?
Our courses are nationally recognised through the Australian Qualifications Training Framework and are recognised in all States and Territories of Australia. We are a Registered Training Organisation (RT0:22250) with government authority to deliver accredited training.
We hold independently audited ISO9001:2015 Quality Management Certification, and our certification is audited externally annually to the international quality management standards.
Our team puts the needs of our clients first and often flies around Australia at short notice to conduct training. We will take the time to understand your business or organisation, safety procedures, equipment, and requirements to ensure you receive the hands-on, practical training required for your team to conduct work safely and effectively.
What are the expectations for participants in the confined space entry training program?
Participants are expected to actively engage in the learning process, follow safety protocols, and demonstrate an understanding of confined space regulations and best practices. They should also be prepared to apply their knowledge to real-world scenarios and contribute to a safe working environment.