Course code: 22463VIC
Course in awareness of the Australian Inter-Serivce Incident Management System (AIIMS)
Why Choose This Course
FSA holds a current contract with AFAC who are the custodian of the Australasian Inter-service Incident Management System (AIIMS), an integral part of emergency management doctrine for the fire and emergency services industry in Australia. The system enables Australian agencies to come together to resolve incidents through an integrated and effective response. Through the application of AIIMS in training, exercising and incident response, people from fire and emergency services, government, not-for-profit agencies and industry have been able to build trust and confidence in each other’s ability to work together and effectively manage the most challenging of incidents.
This course is designed as awareness training for those individuals that need to have an understanding of the key concepts that underpin the Australasian Inter-Service Incident Management System (AIIMS). These individuals may require an understanding of the system to:
- Support emergency management processes in their workplace or local community
- Assist with performing a non-managerial role in support of emergency operations
FSA Entry Requirements:
- Fitness to participate
- Enclosed footwear
- USI that can be verified to ensure release of Statement of Attainment
- Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
- Confirming the context in which AIIMS will be applied
- Determining how AIIMS is used to manage an incident
- Outlining the role and nature of an incident action plan
- Communication and collaboration skills within incident management structures
- Practical activities
Onsite or at our training facility
Corporate course only
Access to FSA’s dedicated customer support.
Qualified and experience trainers.
On successful completion of the training you will receive a Statement of Attainment for the units of competency listed above or a Certificate of Attendance for non-accredited training.
This course will benefit various careers including:
- Work Health and Safety Manager
- Workplace Manager
- Floor Manager
- Department Manager
- HR Manager
- Safety Practitioner
- Supervisor or management position in certain industries
- Security Officers
- Building Managers
- Office Managers
- Hotel or Restaurant Managers
- Safety & Emergency Managers
- Education Professionals
- Team Leaders
- National Accreditation and ISO9001-2015 Quality Accreditation
- Our Experience
- Flexibility and Clients First
- We Deliver What We Say We Will
Find out more on our Why Choose FSA page.
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Course Pricing: Price on enquiry
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted. We also offer payment instalments.
Can we combine various courses or multiple staff members into a training package? Yes companies can add other FSA courses into a training package, or enrol multiple attendees to save money.
Contact us via the enquiry form below for more information.
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- More than 5 business days - no charge
- 5 business days or less - 50% of course fee
- 24 hours from start time - no refund
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- Transferred / cancelled more than 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred / cancelled 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred / cancelled 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
When transferring an enrolment from one course date to another the following charges will apply:
- Transferred 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
- Name changes to the booked course - 5 business days or less prior to the course date will incur a $50.00 + GST fee per name change
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
Contact us to learn more
Gain practical skills, earn nationally recognised qualifications and open up more job opportunities. Our courses are valued by companies and organisations across Australia. You may also be able to earn credit towards a university degree in some courses.
Contact our experienced Course Advisors to discuss more about this course or discover other courses that will suit you.