Certificate III in Emergency Response and Rescue
View Public Course Dates
Custom Corporate Dates Available
- Book Anytime -
Onsite or at our training facility. Mobile training trailer available in some states.
Why Choose This Course
This qualification, RII30719 Certificate III in Emergency Response and Rescue, is designed for companies wishing to develop their Emergency Response Team and reflects the role of response and rescue team members who work on a mine site or construction sites.
Emergency Response Team members will be performing these roles in a broad range of varied activities, most of which are urgent, complex and non-routine and may be required to exercise some discretion and judgment in selecting equipment and services and dealing with contingencies.
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid (entry requirement)
- PUAFIR210 Prevent injury (entry requirement)
- PUAFIR306 Identify, detect and monitor hazardous materials at an incident (Group B elective)
- PUAFIR207 Operate breathing apparatus open circuit (Group B elective)
- PUASAR022 Participate in rescue operation (Group A elective)
- RIIERR303E Operate in self-contained regenerative oxygen breathing apparatus (Group B elective)
FSA Entry Requirements:
- USI and Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
- Fitness to participate declaration (physically demanding course)
- Participants need to be clean-shaven, meeting the Australian Standards, when using Breathing Apparatus equipment
- Clothing and PPE appropriate to delivery site and course structure – this may include fire rated PPE.
- PUAFIR210 Prevent Injury (or equivalent as per training.gov.au) AND current First Aid qualification showing HLTAID003 Provide first aid or higher
- All pre-requisite requirements are met and evidence provided to FSA from the student, verified by the issuing RTO, where not delivered within training structure
Evidence of each participant holding the above competencies must be provided prior to entry into the course.
QUALIFICATION PACKAGING RULES:
5 Core Units 9 Elective units of which
- one (1) must be chosen from Group A • at least (5) from Group B of which two (2) MUST be coded RIIERR
- one (1) must be chosen from Group C
- no more than two may be chosen from elsewhere within this training package, or from another endorsed training package, or from an accredited course
The following core units are completed by all participants
- HLTAID006 Provide advanced first aid
- RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace
- RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIIERR301E Respond to work site incidents
- RIIRIS301E Apply risk management processes
Group A Electives:
- PUASAR022 Participate in a rescue operation
Group B Electives:
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- PUAFIR207 Operate breathing apparatus open circuit
- PUAFIR324 Render hazardous materials incidents safe
- PUAFIR306 Identify, detect and monitor hazardous materials at an incident
- PUASAR024 Undertake road crash rescue
- PUASAR025 Undertake confined space rescue (non fire-sector specific)
- PUASAR032 Undertake vertical rescue
- RIIERR201E Conduct fire team operations
- RIIERR205D Apply initial response first aid
- RIIERR302E Respond to local emergencies and incidents
- RIIERR303E Operate in self-contained regenerative oxygen breathing apparatus
- RIIERR305E Control underground fires
- RIIERR306E Conduct underground search
- RIIERR307E Extricate casualties from underground incident
- RIIERR309D Establish and operate from fresh air base
- PMAWHS211 Prepare equipment for emergency response
- PUAEQU001 Prepare, maintain and test response equipment
20 – 30 Workshop days **
Plus on the job training (delivered over an extended period of 12 months minimum)
Onsite or at our training facility. Access to a live fire ground will be required.
Corporate courses all states
Book This Course
Corporate training packages
Would you like group training for your employees? Click here to enquire and we will contact you, or call 1300 88 55 30 so we can tailor a training course for your organisation.
|Name||Course Start Date||Course End Date||Cost|
|Oz Minerals Certificate III Emergency Response and Rescue 2022 UNPUBLISHED||28/02/2022||28/02/2023||$0.00|
Access to FSA’s dedicated customer support.
Qualified and experience trainers.
This course will benefit various careers including:
- Work Health and Safety Manager
- Workplace Manager
- Floor Manager
- Department Manager
- HR Manager
- Safety Practitioner
- Supervisor or management position in certain industries
- Security Officers
- Building Managers
- Office Managers
- Hotel or Restaurant Managers
- Safety & Emergency Managers
- Education Professionals
- Team Leaders
Here are 4 reasons why you should choose Fire & Safety Australia for all of your safety training and safety consultancy requirements:
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted. We also offer payment instalments.
Can we combine various courses or multiple staff members into a training package? Yes companies can add other FSA courses into a training package, or enrol multiple attendees to save money.
Contact us via the enquiry form below for more information.
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- More than 5 business days - no charge
- 5 business days or less - 50% of course fee
- 24 hours from start time - no refund
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- Transferred / cancelled more than 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred / cancelled 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred / cancelled 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
When transferring an enrolment from one course date to another the following charges will apply:
- Transferred 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
- Name changes to the booked course - 5 business days or less prior to the course date will incur a $50.00 + GST fee per name change
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
Contact us to learn more
Gain practical skills, earn nationally recognised qualifications and open up more job opportunities. Our courses are valued by companies and organisations across Australia. You may also be able to earn credit towards a university degree in some courses.
Contact our experienced Course Advisors to discuss more about this course or discover other courses that will suit you.