Certificate III in Emergency Response and Rescue Course Description
This qualification, RII30719 Certificate III in Emergency Response and Rescue, is designed for companies wishing to develop their Emergency Response Team and reflects the role of response and rescue team members who work on a mine site or construction sites.
STEP 1 - MAKE A BOOKING (Search a state, date, and click BOOK NOW)
|Course Price||$6000 pp for public course
Corporate bookings – Request a quote, click here
RII30719 Certificate III in Emergency Response & Rescue.
Why Choose This Course
RII30719 Certificate III in Emergency Response and Rescue is designed for those wishing to develop their Emergency Response skills and knowledge, reflecting the role of response and rescue team members who work on a mine site or construction sites. Emergency Response Team members will be performing these roles in a broad range of varied activities, most of which are urgent, complex and non-routine and may be required to exercise some discretion and judgement in selecting equipment and services and dealing with contingencies.This course is delivered through a combination of classroom learning, group discussions and practical activities in both simulated and real-world environment. The delivery format of this qualification is designed to be flexible and can be attended in either modules over a period of time (as shown in the Emergency Response and Rescue Modules) or in a block delivery timeframe.
Access to learning content is available on verification of enrolment. Contact our Education Officer on 1300 885 530 for further information and advice on how to book your course.
There are two options, you can choose between:
- INTENSIVE - Attending the intense training program of 21 consecutive training days (excluding weekends) (click on the above "Book now" for your preferred dates)
- EXTENDED / SELF-PACED - Attend each of the public course modules over a period of 1-18 months (see below links)
(click on the individual module links to enrol into these modules for the EXTENDED / SELF-PACED option)
- Provide Advanced First Aid, Advanced Resuscitation and Oxygen Therapy
- Operate Breathing Apparatus - Open Circuit
- HAZMAT Response
- Conduct Fire Team Operations
- Undertake Vertical Rescue and/or
- Undertake Confined Space Rescue and/or
- Undertake Road Crash Rescue
Note: If you don't hold any of the below units of competency, you will need to complete the required modules to meet the packaging rules and be eligible for the qualification certification.
FSA Entry Requirements:
- USI and Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
- Fitness to participate declaration (physically demanding course)
- Participants need to be clean-shaven, meeting the Australian Standards, when using Breathing Apparatus equipment
- Clothing and PPE appropriate to delivery site and course structure – this may include fire rated PPE.
- PUAFIR210 Prevent Injury (or equivalent as per training.gov.au) AND current First Aid qualification showing HLTAID011 Provide first aid or higher
- All pre-requisite requirements are met and evidence provided to FSA from the student, verified by the issuing RTO, where not delivered within training structure
- Access to WIFI for online content
Evidence of each participant holding the above competencies must be provided prior to entry into the course.
- HLTAID011 Provide first aid
- PUAFIR210 Prevent injury
- PUAFIR306 Identify, detect and monitor hazardous materials at an incident (Group B elective)
- PUAFIR207 Operate breathing apparatus open circuit (Group B elective)
- PUASAR022 Participate in rescue operation (Group A elective)
- RIIERR303E Operate in self-contained regenerative oxygen breathing apparatus (Group B elective)
QUALIFICATION PACKAGING RULES:
5 Core Units and 9 Elective units of which:
- one (1) must be chosen from Group A
- at least (5) from Group B of which two (2) MUST be coded RIIERR
- one (1) must be chosen from Group C
- no more than two may be chosen from elsewhere within this training package, or from another endorsed training package, or from an accredited course. Alternative units of competency are available on consultation with Fire and Safety Australia Pty Ltd.
The following core units are completed by all participants
- HLTAID014 Provide advanced first aid
- RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace
- RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIIERR301E Respond to work site incidents
- RIIRIS301E Apply risk management processes
Group A Electives:
- PUASAR022 Participate in a rescue operation
Group B Electives: (at least 5 of the below units of which 2 must be coded RIIERR)
- PUAFIR207 Operate breathing apparatus open circuit
- PUAFIR324 Render hazardous materials incidents safe
- PUAFIR306 Identify, detect and monitor hazardous materials at an incident
- PUASAR024 Undertake road crash rescue
- PUASAR025 Undertake confined space rescue (non fire-sector specific)
- PUASAR032 Undertake vertical rescue
- RIIERR201E Conduct fire team operations
- RIIERR205D Apply initial response first aid
- PUAEQU001 Prepare, maintain and test response equipment
Onsite or at our training facility.
Corporate courses all states
Public course schedule available in WA
WHY PARTNER WITH US?
SUPPORT FOR OUR CLIENT PARTNERS
Low Voltage Rescue & CPR Training
Perform Cable Pit / Trench / Excavation Rescue
Perform EWP Rescue & Controlled Descent Escape
Perform Pole Top Rescue Training
What you Recieve
Access to FSA’s dedicated customer support.
Qualified and experienced trainers.
This course will benefit various careers including:
- Work Health and Safety Manager
- Workplace Manager
- Floor Manager
- Department Manager
- HR Manager
- Safety Practitioner
- Supervisor or management position in certain industries
- Security Officers
- Building Managers
- Office Managers
- Hotel or Restaurant Managers
- Safety & Emergency Managers
- Education Professionals
- Team Leaders
On The Day
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Laptop or Tablet
Cancellation / Transfer Policy
Refer to the course participant handbook.
All cancellation and transfer requests must be received in writing.
Course Cancellation Policy
When cancelling an enrolment, the following charges will apply:
- 2 business day cooling off period
- 7 or more business days - no charge
- 6 or less business days - 50 percent (50%) of course fee incurred
- 3 business day’s notice or less from start time (weekends / public holidays not included) – no refund / full course charge
Course Transfer Policy
When transferring an enrolment from one course date to another, the following charges will apply:
- Transferred 7 or more business days prior to course date – no charge
- Transferred 6 or less business days prior to course date – 50 percent (50%) of course fee incurred
- Transferred 3 or less business days from start time (weekends / public holidays not included) – no refund / full course charge
- Name changes 5 business days or less prior to course date will incur a $50.00 +GST fee per name change
- Non-attendance of any course will not entitle the client to any refund, set-off, waiver or reduction of the fee and the client remains required to pay all fees in respect of courses that it does not attend, unless otherwise agreed in writing with the company.
- In the event any learner is turned away from training as a result of being adversely affected by drugs or alcohol in the trainer’s opinion, there shall be no refund
Once a training date has been confirmed by FSA, any changes made by the client to this booking, including cancellation or postponement will result in the following fees after the 2 business day cooling off period:
- Cancelled / transferred 7 or more business days prior to course date - no charge
- Cancelled / transferred 6 business days or less prior to course date - 50 percent (50%) of course fee
- Cancelled / transferred 3 or less business days from start time - no refund / full course charge name changes 5 business days or less prior to the course date will incur a $50.00 + GST fee per name change
All Cancellation Requests must be received in writing
When cancelling or withdrawing an enrolment, the following charges will apply:
- 2 business day cooling off period upon receipt of payment
- Cancelled / withdrawn between 3-13 business days, course fee refunded minus an admin fee of $250.00
- Cancelled / withdrawn after 14 days from commencement – 100% of course fee forfeited.
Link to Fees, Refunds and Charges Policy