Confined Space Refresher
MSMPER205 Enter confined space
MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres
MSMWHS201 Conduct hazard analysis
MSMPER300 Issue work permits
RIIWHS202E Enter and work in confined spaces
Custom Corporate Dates Available
- Book Anytime -
View Course Preview
Why Choose This Course
This course has been designed to reduce the amount of time previously educated and skilled participants spend in a classroom, whilst offering the ability to reissue nationally recognised confined space competencies in one day.
Building on participants’ previously attained competencies, FSA will confirm retention of knowledge and skills on hazard identifications, risk assessments and work permits for confined space operations and how to operate various confined space safety equipment through minimal theory and lots of practical-based learning and activities.
This is a refresher course. To be eligible to enrol into this course you must provide evidence that you have attained the following competencies within the last 24 month period:
- MSMPER205 Enter confined space
- RIIWHS202E Enter and work in confined spaces
- MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
- MSMWHS201 Conduct hazard analysis
- MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres
- MSMPER300 Issue work permits
Or equivalent units to the above as per training.gov.au
Statements of Attainment will be requested prior to the day of your training course. If cards are provided they must state the units of competence, date attained and identify the training provider that issued the card.
Participants who book for the course and arrive but do not meet the eligibility criteria (e.g do not hold correct units and within the timeframe identified in the eligibility criteria) will have no recourse. These participants will be refused entry to the classroom and will not eligible for a refund.
If you are unsure if you hold appropriate units of competence, please call FSA on 1300 885 530 for further information. If you do not hold these, see our Confined Space 2 Day program.
FSA Entry Requirements:
- USI that can be verified by Fire and Safety Australia
- Fitness to participate
- Meet the Eligibility Criteria, as listed above
- Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
- Long sleeves and long pants
- Appropriate safety footwear
- Australian Standards & relevant legislation updates
- Roles & responsibilities of management & employees
- Identifying confined spaces and hazards
- Risk assessments & hierarchy of hazard controls
- Confined space work permits & entry procedures
- Safety procedures
- Atmospheric monitoring and gas detection
- Practical entry into a confined space
- Emergency procedures
- Practical rescue from a confined space
Onsite or at our training facility. Mobile training trailer available in some states.
Corporate courses and Public courses available in some states.
Access to FSA’s dedicated customer support.
Qualified and experience trainers.
On successful completion of the training you will receive a Statement of Attainment for the units of competency listed above or a Certificate of Attendance for non-accredited training.
This course will benefit various careers including:
- Work Health and Safety Manager
- Workplace Manager
- Floor Manager
- Department Manager
- HR Manager
- Safety Practitioner
- Supervisor or management position in certain industries
- Security Officers
- Building Managers
- Office Managers
- Hotel or Restaurant Managers
- Safety & Emergency Managers
- Education Professionals
- Team Leaders
- National Accreditation and ISO9001-2015 Quality Accreditation
- Our Experience
- Flexibility and Clients First
- We Deliver What We Say We Will
Find out more on our Why Choose FSA page.
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Course Pricing: $345
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted. We also offer payment instalments.
Can we combine various courses or multiple staff members into a training package? Yes companies can add other FSA courses into a training package, or enrol multiple attendees to save money.
Contact us via the enquiry form below for more information.
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- More than 5 business days - no charge
- 5 business days or less - 50% of course fee
- 24 hours from start time - no refund
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- Transferred / cancelled more than 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred / cancelled 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred / cancelled 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
When transferring an enrolment from one course date to another the following charges will apply:
- Transferred 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
- Name changes to the booked course - 5 business days or less prior to the course date will incur a $50.00 + GST fee per name change
Contact us at email@example.com for further information
Find Course Dates And Enrol
⇓ Use this option to choose your preferred state.
Contact us to learn more
Gain practical skills, earn nationally recognised qualifications and open up more job opportunities. Our courses are valued by companies and organisations across Australia. You may also be able to earn credit towards a university degree in some courses.
Contact our experienced Course Advisors to discuss more about this course or discover other courses that will suit you.