Undertake Confined Space Rescue (non fire specific)
PUASAR025 Undertake confined space rescue
PUASAR022 Participate in a rescue operation
- Book Anytime -
Price on enquiry *
View Course Preview
Why Choose This Course
This programme is not designed for the Fire Sector. Our confined space rescue training course will teach your personnel how to rescue personnel from confined spaces in accordance with WHS Regulations and Australian Standard 2865-2009. This confined space rescue training course also includes a breathing apparatus refresher module so that learners understand how to rescue a person from a hazardous atmosphere within a confined space whilst remaining safe.
This course is designed to teach learners how to determine what hazards may exist within a confined space, how to put into place a confined space rescue plan and how to carry out a confined space rescue. As a rescue focused course, this is not designed for general “confined space work” workers.
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid # (or equivalent)
FSA Entry Requirements:
- Fitness to participate declaration
- Sufficient language, literacy & numeracy skills to complete the course
- Safety footwear, long pants, long sleeves
- PUAFIR207B Operate breathing apparatus open circuit (or equivalent) OR MSMWHS216 Operate Breathing Apparatus (or equivalent as per training.gov.au)
- Participants must be clean shaven, no facial hair that may affect facial seal as per Australian Standard 1715
Where the participant fails to provide the entry requirements for this course, no Statement of Attainment will be issued.
- Identifying confined spaces & hazards;
- Risk assessments & hierarchy of hazard controls
- Australian standards & relevant legislation explained
- Roles & responsibilities of management & employees
- Rescue techniques and principles
- Tripods, VED’s & rescue equipment
- Practical rescue scenarios
- Self rescue from confined spaces
- Operation of breathing apparatus skills maintenance
Evidence of each participant holding the above competencies must be provided prior to entry into the course.
Please note that it would be beneficial for participants to have had some experience and/or training in confined space entry
Onsite or at our training facility
Corporate courses available in most states & territories
Access to FSA’s dedicated customer support.
Qualified and experience trainers.
On successful completion of the training you will receive a Statement of Attainment for the units of competency listed above or a Certificate of Attendance for non-accredited training.
This course will benefit various careers including:
- Work Health and Safety Manager
- Workplace Manager
- Floor Manager
- Department Manager
- HR Manager
- Safety Practitioner
- Supervisor or management position in certain industries
- Security Officers
- Building Managers
- Office Managers
- Hotel or Restaurant Managers
- Safety & Emergency Managers
- Education Professionals
- Team Leaders
- National Accreditation and ISO9001-2015 Quality Accreditation
- Our Experience
- Flexibility and Clients First
- We Deliver What We Say We Will
Find out more on our Why Choose FSA page.
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Course Pricing: Price on enquiry
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted. We also offer payment instalments.
Can we combine various courses or multiple staff members into a training package? Yes companies can add other FSA courses into a training package, or enrol multiple attendees to save money.
Contact us via the enquiry form below for more information.
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- More than 5 business days - no charge
- 5 business days or less - 50% of course fee
- 24 hours from start time - no refund
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- Transferred / cancelled more than 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred / cancelled 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred / cancelled 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
When transferring an enrolment from one course date to another the following charges will apply:
- Transferred 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
- Name changes to the booked course - 5 business days or less prior to the course date will incur a $50.00 + GST fee per name change
Contact us at email@example.com for further information
Find Course Dates And Enrol
⇓ Use this option to choose your preferred state.
Contact us to learn more
Gain practical skills, earn nationally recognised qualifications and open up more job opportunities. Our courses are valued by companies and organisations across Australia. You may also be able to earn credit towards a university degree in some courses.
Contact our experienced Course Advisors to discuss more about this course or discover other courses that will suit you.