Fire Safety Adviser Re-certification
PUAFER001 Identify, prevent and report potential facility emergency situations
PUAFER002 Ensure facility emergency prevention procedures, systems and processes are implemented
PUAFER003 Manage and monitor facility emergency procedures, equipment and other resources
PUAFER004 Respond to facility emergencies
PUAFER005 Operate as part of an emergency control organisation
PUAFER006 Lead an emergency control organisation
PUAFER007 Manage an emergency control organisation
PUAFER008 Confine small emergencies in a facility
Why Choose This Course
Our Fire Safety Adviser re-certification course will enable participants with the skills required to continue to act as a Fire Safety Adviser during day to day matters and also during an on-site emergency.
This course is designed to re-certify a Fire Safety Adviser in Queensland as required in the Building Fire Safety Regulations 2009 QLD and amendments from 2009 onwards. This course requires the participant to complete pre-course workbook learning and a supporting assessment.
Re-certification training is required to be undertake by FSA’s every 3 years, if the date of the initial FSA course is outside 3 years the full FSA course is to be done again as per the Queensland Building Fire Safety Regulation 2008.
Evidence of completion of Initial Fire Safety Adviser course within the 3 years is to be provided upon registration / enrolment
FSA Entry Requirements:
- USI that can be verified to release Statement of Attainment
- Fitness to Participate
- Enclosed footwear, long pants, long sleeves
- Sufficient language, literacy & numeracy skills to complete the course
- Third party report from current employer that the participant is a current FSA for the facility
- Completion of pre-learning and assessment
- Understanding the role & responsibilities of a Fire Safety adviser
- Fire Safety Adviser legislative & regulatory requirements
- Identify fire safety installations equipment in a building
- Develop an awareness & understanding of maintenance & records pertaining to fire safety
- Practical incident control & chief fire warden scenarios
- Understanding the emergency planning process
- Understanding the role & responsibilities of Emergency Control Organisation(ECO) members and the Emergency Planning Committee (EPC)
- Practical fire extinguisher training
1 day + pre-learning
On site or at our training centres in QLD
Public and corporate courses available in QLD
Access to FSA’s dedicated customer support.
Qualified and experience trainers.
On successful completion of the training you will receive a Statement of Attainment for the units of competency listed above or a Certificate of Attendance for non-accredited training.
This course will benefit various careers including:
- Work Health and Safety Manager
- Workplace Manager
- Floor Manager
- Department Manager
- HR Manager
- Safety Practitioner
- Supervisor or management position in certain industries
- Security Officers
- Building Managers
- Office Managers
- Hotel or Restaurant Managers
- Safety & Emergency Managers
- Education Professionals
- Team Leaders
- National Accreditation and ISO9001-2015 Quality Accreditation
- Our Experience
- Flexibility and Clients First
- We Deliver What We Say We Will
Find out more on our Why Choose FSA page.
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Course Pricing: $395
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted. We also offer payment instalments.
Can we combine various courses or multiple staff members into a training package? Yes companies can add other FSA courses into a training package, or enrol multiple attendees to save money.
Contact us via the enquiry form below for more information.
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- More than 5 business days - no charge
- 5 business days or less - 50% of course fee
- 24 hours from start time - no refund
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- Transferred / cancelled more than 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred / cancelled 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred / cancelled 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
When transferring an enrolment from one course date to another the following charges will apply:
- Transferred 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
- Name changes to the booked course - 5 business days or less prior to the course date will incur a $50.00 + GST fee per name change
Contact us at email@example.com for further information
Find Course Dates And Enrol
⇓ Use this option to choose your preferred state.
Contact us to learn more
Gain practical skills, earn nationally recognised qualifications and open up more job opportunities. Our courses are valued by companies and organisations across Australia. You may also be able to earn credit towards a university degree in some courses.
Contact our experienced Course Advisors to discuss more about this course or discover other courses that will suit you.