Fire Safety Adviser
PUAFER001 Identify, prevent and report potential facility emergency situations
PUAFER002 Ensure facility emergency prevention procedures, systems and processes are implemented
PUAFER003 Manage and monitor facility emergency procedures, equipment and other resources
PUAFER004 Respond to facility emergencies
PUAFER005 Operate as part of an emergency control organisation
PUAFER006 Lead an emergency control organisation
PUAFER007 Manage an emergency control organisation
PUAFER008 Confine small emergencies in a facility
Why Choose This Course
Our Fire Safety Adviser training course will equip your personnel with the skills required to act as a Fire Safety Adviser during day to day matters and also during an on-site emergency.
Our Fire Safety Adviser training course is designed to teach learners how to act as a Fire Safety Adviser in Queensland as required in the Building Fire Safety Regulation 2008 QLD and amendments from 2009 through to 2017.
The Fire Safety Adviser qualification is valid for 3 years.
Please Note: This course consists of three (3) assessments which are all required to be completed to be deemed Competent. An assessment is completed at the end of both days instruction and a Post Course Assessment is required to be submitted within 30 days of your course date.
FSA Entry Requirements:
- Fitness to participate
- Enclosed footwear, long pants, long sleeves
- Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
- Understand the role & responsibilities of the fire safety adviser
- Fire safety adviser legislative & regulatory requirements
- Identify fire safety installations equipment in a building
- Develop an awareness & understanding of maintenance & records pertaining to fire safety
- Practical incident control & chief fire warden scenarios
- Understand the emergency planning process
- Understanding the role & responsibilities of Emergency Control Organisation(ECO) members and the Emergency Planning Committee (EPC)
- Practical fire extinguisher training
Onsite or at our training facility
Public and corporate courses available in QLD
Access to FSA’s dedicated customer support.
Qualified and experience trainers.
On successful completion of the training you will receive a Statement of Attainment for the units of competency listed above or a Certificate of Attendance for non-accredited training.
This course will benefit various careers including:
- Work Health and Safety Manager
- Workplace Manager
- Floor Manager
- Department Manager
- HR Manager
- Safety Practitioner
- Supervisor or management position in certain industries
- Security Officers
- Building Managers
- Office Managers
- Hotel or Restaurant Managers
- Safety & Emergency Managers
- Education Professionals
- Team Leaders
- National Accreditation and ISO9001-2015 Quality Accreditation
- Our Experience
- Flexibility and Clients First
- We Deliver What We Say We Will
Find out more on our Why Choose FSA page.
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Course Pricing: $690
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted. We also offer payment instalments.
Can we combine various courses or multiple staff members into a training package? Yes companies can add other FSA courses into a training package, or enrol multiple attendees to save money.
Contact us via the enquiry form below for more information.
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- More than 5 business days - no charge
- 5 business days or less - 50% of course fee
- 24 hours from start time - no refund
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- Transferred / cancelled more than 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred / cancelled 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred / cancelled 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
When transferring an enrolment from one course date to another the following charges will apply:
- Transferred 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
- Name changes to the booked course - 5 business days or less prior to the course date will incur a $50.00 + GST fee per name change
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
Find Course Dates And Enrol
⇓ Use this option to choose your preferred state.
Refresher Course Also Available
Contact us to learn more
Gain practical skills, earn nationally recognised qualifications and open up more job opportunities. Our courses are valued by companies and organisations across Australia. You may also be able to earn credit towards a university degree in some courses.
Contact our experienced Course Advisors to discuss more about this course or discover other courses that will suit you.