GWO Basic Safety Training – Initial
HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
HLTAID011 Provide first aid
HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid
PUASAR022 Participate in a rescue operation
HLTWHS005 Conduct manual tasks safely
PUAFER008 Confine small work place emergencies
RIIWHS204E Work safely at heights
Why Choose This Course
The aim of the course is to provide the participants with the necessary basic safety knowledge and skills through theoretical and practical training which is approved according to the GWO Standards, in accordance to GWO Module Basic Training Modules:
- Working at Heights
- First Aid
- Manual Handling
- Fire Awareness
FSA Entry Requirements:
- Fitness to participate, participants must be physically capable of wearing a harness and climbing a ladder safely, maintaining 3 points of contact.
- Long sleeves and long pants, appropriate safety footwear
- Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
- Winda ID
- Legal and ethical
- Risk/hazards/planning/safe methods of working
- Anatomy and Lifesaving first aid –primary survey – D-R-S-A-B-C-D
- Secondary survey, first aid protocols, trauma and medical
- Fall prevention, fall arrest systems, dropped objects
- Fire science, classes of fire, types of extinguishers
- Basic firefighting tactics
- Emergency procedures and management of an incident
- Scenario based training and rescue exercises
Theory all modules 1-12
First aid: 1-6
Practical Working at Heights: 1-4 (onsite) or 1-6 at FSA training facilities
Manual Handling: 1-12
5 days (5 x 8 hour days)
4 days (4 x 10 hour days)
Onsite or at our training facility
Public and corporate courses available in most states
Access to FSA’s dedicated customer support.
Qualified and experience trainers.
On successful completion of the training you will receive a Statement of Attainment for the units of competency listed above or a Certificate of Attendance for non-accredited training.
This course will benefit various careers including:
- Work Health and Safety Manager
- Workplace Manager
- Floor Manager
- Department Manager
- HR Manager
- Safety Practitioner
- Supervisor or management position in certain industries
- Security Officers
- Building Managers
- Office Managers
- Hotel or Restaurant Managers
- Safety & Emergency Managers
- Education Professionals
- Team Leaders
- National Accreditation and ISO9001-2015 Quality Accreditation
- Our Experience
- Flexibility and Clients First
- We Deliver What We Say We Will
Find out more on our Why Choose FSA page.
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Course Pricing: $2,230
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted. We also offer payment instalments.
Can we combine various courses or multiple staff members into a training package? Yes companies can add other FSA courses into a training package, or enrol multiple attendees to save money.
Contact us via the enquiry form below for more information.
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- More than 5 business days - no charge
- 5 business days or less - 50% of course fee
- 24 hours from start time - no refund
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- Transferred / cancelled more than 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred / cancelled 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred / cancelled 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
When transferring an enrolment from one course date to another the following charges will apply:
- Transferred 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
- Name changes to the booked course - 5 business days or less prior to the course date will incur a $50.00 + GST fee per name change
Contact us at email@example.com for further information
Find Course Dates And Enrol
⇓ Use this option to choose your preferred state.
Contact us to learn more
Gain practical skills, earn nationally recognised qualifications and open up more job opportunities. Our courses are valued by companies and organisations across Australia. You may also be able to earn credit towards a university degree in some courses.
Contact our experienced Course Advisors to discuss more about this course or discover other courses that will suit you.