Health and Safety Representatives Refresher QLD (WHSQ Approved)
Why Choose This Course
The purpose of this course is to revitalise the knowledge and skills attained during the initial 5 day course enabling you to continue to exercise your powers for the purpose of promoting and ensuring the health and safety at work of members of your work group.
This course is for all elected Health and Safety Representatives (HSR) and Deputy HSR’s under the WHS Act 2011 who have completed the initial QLD HSR 5 day course (or the Bridging course as the transitional provision of the WHS Regulation). This course is also available to workers who have been elected as Health and Safety Representatives within two years prior to the commencement of the WHS legislation on 1 January 2012 for their workplace who have previously completed the Course 30630QLD – Functioning as a Workplace Health and Safety Representative and who wish to continue performing in a HSR role under the new Act.
Participants must have previously completed the QLD 5 day initial training course.
As per the WHSQ Conditions of Approval for HSR Training Providers (Section 4:34) we are required to sight and verify Evidence of Identity (EOI) for each student on commencement of training. EOI documents must be made up of 3 matching original EOI documents. FSA is required to retain a copy on each students file.
One Category A + two Category B or Two Category A + one Category B (At least one Category A document must be photographic and show a full name and date of birth)
Category A documents
Status = Current
• Australian birth certificate – full (not an extract or a commemorative certificate)
• Bicentennial birth certificate (born in 1988)
• Australian citizenship certificate/naturalisation certificate
• Department of immigration and border protection (DIBP)
– Certificate of evidence of resident status
– Visa evidence card (with PLO56 visa)
• Queensland or federal police officer photo identity card.
• Queensland high risk work licence (photographic)
Status = Current or expired less than two years
• Australian passport (including Australian document of identity)
• Foreign passport
• Australian photo driver licence
• Queensland accreditation/authorisation (laminated)
– Driver/rider trainer; pilot/escort vehicle driver; dangerous goods driver; tow truck driver/assistant certificate – Bus; taxi; limousine driver
Status = Valid up to five years after issue
• DIBP – ImmiCard; temporary or resident visa; document for travel to Australia. Note: Electronic travel authority (ETA) is not accepted.
Status = Issued after 01/01/1992
• Queensland card 18+ (laminated)
Category B documents – must be Australian issued documents
Status = Current
• Australian defence force photo identity card (excluding civilians)
• Australian firearm licence (with photo)
• Australian security guard/crowd controller licence (with photo)
• Department of veterans’ affairs/CentreLink pensioner concession card (including healthcare card)
• Education institution student identity document (must include photo and/or signature)
• Financial institution debit/credit card (must include signature and embossed/printed name)
• Medicare card (green, blue or yellow)
• Interstate government-issued or government-approved proof of age card
FSA Entry Requirements:
Fitness to participate
Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
The course content covers:
- WHS Act legislative framework
- The role and functions of WorkCover and their interaction with HSRs
- Duties and responsibilities of PCBUs, officers, workers and other parties under the legislation
- The nature of the consultation process with workers as required of the primary PCBU by the Act
- The purpose and formation of a workgroup (or workgroups) within the workplace Election process for HSRs / Deputy HSRs and disqualification provisions
- Health and Safety Committees (HSCs)
- The entitlements, rights and protections of an elected HSR/Deputy HSR
- Using negotiation, communication and problem solving skills and strategies as a HSR to represent a work group and to resolve work health and safety issues
- Risk management and the use of risk controls, including the duties and responsibilities of various PCBUs under the legislation
- How HSRs can use their functions and powers to contribute to risk management activities in the workplace
- Provisional Improvement Notices and the right to cease, or direct the cessation of, unsafe work
This course is delivered by NSCA.
Onsite or at our training facility
Public and corporate course available in QLD.
Book This Course
Corporate training packages
Would you like group training for your employees? Click here to enquire and we will contact you, or call 1300 88 55 30 so we can tailor a training course for your organisation.
Access to FSA’s dedicated customer support.
Qualified and experience trainers.
On successful completion of the training you will receive a Statement of Attainment for the units of competency listed above or a Certificate of Attendance for non-accredited training.
This course will benefit various careers including:
- Work Health and Safety Manager
- Workplace Manager
- Floor Manager
- Department Manager
- HR Manager
- Safety Practitioner
- Supervisor or management position in certain industries
- Security Officers
- Building Managers
- Office Managers
- Hotel or Restaurant Managers
- Safety & Emergency Managers
- Education Professionals
- Team Leaders
- National Accreditation and ISO9001-2015 Quality Accreditation
- Our Experience
- Flexibility and Clients First
- We Deliver What We Say We Will
Find out more on our Why Choose FSA page.
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted. We also offer payment instalments.
Can we combine various courses or multiple staff members into a training package? Yes companies can add other FSA courses into a training package, or enrol multiple attendees to save money.
Contact us via the enquiry form below for more information.
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- More than 5 business days - no charge
- 5 business days or less - 50% of course fee
- 24 hours from start time - no refund
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- Transferred / cancelled more than 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred / cancelled 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred / cancelled 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
When transferring an enrolment from one course date to another the following charges will apply:
- Transferred 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
- Name changes to the booked course - 5 business days or less prior to the course date will incur a $50.00 + GST fee per name change
Contact us at email@example.com for further information
Find Course Dates And Enrol
⇓ Use this option to choose your preferred state.
Contact us to learn more
Gain practical skills, earn nationally recognised qualifications and open up more job opportunities. Our courses are valued by companies and organisations across Australia. You may also be able to earn credit towards a university degree in some courses.
Contact our experienced Course Advisors to discuss more about this course or discover other courses that will suit you.