Safety & Health Representatives Initial (WorkSafe WA)
Why Choose This Course
The purpose of this course is for you to acquire the knowledge and skills to enable you to fulfil your role as a safety and health representative with the aim of improving safely and health in WA workplaces, the introductory course aims to give safety and health representatives, and, if appropriate, supervisors, managers and others, the basic knowledge and skills to perform their roles and functions under the legislation. The course meets the requirements for elected Safety and Health Representatives (SHR’s) and deputy SHR’s under the Occupational Safety and Health Act 1984. Fire and Safety Australia Pty Ltd (FSA) is approved by Worksafe WA to deliver the SHR Initial Training Course.
This course is for elected safety and health representatives, who are required to attend an accredited introductory training course within 12 months of being elected. Training equips representatives with the confidence, skills and knowledge to represent their workplace. Ideally training should take place as soon as possible after election. Under legislation, Elected Safety and Health Representatives are entitled to attend this training and the employer is to permit the representative to take off work, with pay, such time, not exceeding 5 days, as is required for the purpose of attending that course.
This course is designed for anyone who has been elected as a Safety and Health Representative within the state jurisdiction of WA.
Post course, FSA can provide the opportunity for participants to be formally assessed against corresponding competency units from BSB30715 Certificate III in Work Health and Safety. Please speak with your trainer
Evidence of Identity (EOI)
FSA Entry Requirements:
- Fitness to participate
Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
The course content covers:
- Introduction to safety and health and background to the legislation
- Critical areas of the legislation
- Functions and roles of safety and health representatives, managers / supervisors, committees and inspectors
- Hazard identification, risk assessment and control (hierarchy of control)
- Consultation and issue resolution
- Communication and representation
- Issuing PINs
- Accessing information and basic record keeping
5 Days: Note this course must be completed within 6 months of course commencement
Onsite or at our training facility
Public and corporate course available in WA
Book This Course
Corporate training packages
Would you like group training for your employees? Click here to enquire and we will contact you, or call 1300 88 55 30 so we can tailor a training course for your organisation.
Access to FSA’s dedicated customer support.
Qualified and experience trainers.
On successful completion of the training you will receive a Statement of Attainment for the units of competency listed above or a Certificate of Attendance for non-accredited training.
This course will benefit various careers including:
- Work Health and Safety Manager
- Workplace Manager
- Floor Manager
- Department Manager
- HR Manager
- Safety Practitioner
- Supervisor or management position in certain industries
- Security Officers
- Building Managers
- Office Managers
- Hotel or Restaurant Managers
- Safety & Emergency Managers
- Education Professionals
- Team Leaders
- National Accreditation and ISO9001-2015 Quality Accreditation
- Our Experience
- Flexibility and Clients First
- We Deliver What We Say We Will
Find out more on our Why Choose FSA page.
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted. We also offer payment instalments.
Can we combine various courses or multiple staff members into a training package? Yes companies can add other FSA courses into a training package, or enrol multiple attendees to save money.
Contact us via the enquiry form below for more information.
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- More than 5 business days - no charge
- 5 business days or less - 50% of course fee
- 24 hours from start time - no refund
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- Transferred / cancelled more than 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred / cancelled 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred / cancelled 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
When transferring an enrolment from one course date to another the following charges will apply:
- Transferred 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
- Name changes to the booked course - 5 business days or less prior to the course date will incur a $50.00 + GST fee per name change
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
Find Course Dates And Enrol
⇓ Use this option to choose your preferred state.
Contact us to learn more
Gain practical skills, earn nationally recognised qualifications and open up more job opportunities. Our courses are valued by companies and organisations across Australia. You may also be able to earn credit towards a university degree in some courses.
Contact our experienced Course Advisors to discuss more about this course or discover other courses that will suit you.