Licence To Operate A Non-Slewing Mobile Crane
TLILIC0008 Licence to operate a non-slewing mobile crane
(greater than 3 tonnes capacity)
Custom Corporate Dates Available
– Book Anytime –
Contact Fire & Safety Australia
Onsite Or At Our Training Centres
Price on enquiry
Why Choose This Course
This unit specifies the outcomes required to operate a non-slewing mobile crane of greater than 3 tonnes capacity that incorporates a boom or jib which includes articulated type mobile cranes and locomotive cranes, but does not include vehicle tow trucks, for licensing purposes.Our aim with this course is to provide the participants with the skills and knowledge to safely operate a non-slewing mobile crane, which may lead to the assessments required by the relevant State or Territory to issue a High Risk Work Licence for operating a non-slewing mobile crane.
During the training sessions we may complete practical assessments where appropriate, in a group environment, on actual work tasks or in a simulated environment
Note: an additional fee is charge by the relevant State or Territory regulatory bodies for the issuance of High Risk Work Licences.
FSA Entry Requirements:
- Fitness to participate
- Safety PPE and footwear
- Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
- 2 forms of ID and certified photos (passport size) for the application of
High Risk Work Licence
- Accurately record and maintain information relating to crane operations
- Use communication techniques in the workplace including whistles, hand signals and use of two-way radios
- Use communication skills at a level sufficient to communicate with other site personnel
- Assessment of ground conditions to confirm that the site is suitable (e.g. firm, level and safe) to operate crane
- Operate crane including all functions to their maximum extension in the lifting and moving of loads to the safe working rated capacity in conjunction with other associated personnel
- Mobile loads using best mobile practice
- Apply risk assessment and hazard control strategies, including hierarchy of control as applied to the positioning and safe operation of the crane (particular awareness of the risks associated with overhead powerlines electrical cables, ground conditions, crane tipping and demolition sites)
- Use and interpret crane manufacturer’s specifications and data, including load charts to enable the crane to be configured for the load
Contact Fire & Safety Australia for further information on class sizes
Contact Fire & Safety Australia for further information on locations
Onsite or at our training facility
Contact Fire & Safety Australia for further information on schedule
Book This Course
Corporate training packages
Would you like group training for your employees? Click here to enquire and we will contact you, or call 1300 88 55 30 so we can tailor a training course for your organisation.
Access to FSA’s dedicated customer support.
Qualified and experience trainers.
On successful completion of the training you will receive a Statement of Attainment for the units of competency listed above or a Certificate of Attendance for non-accredited training.
This course will benefit various careers including:
- Work Health and Safety Manager
- Workplace Manager
- Floor Manager
- Department Manager
- HR Manager
- Safety Practitioner
- Supervisor or management position in certain industries
- Security Officers
- Building Managers
- Office Managers
- Hotel or Restaurant Managers
- Safety & Emergency Managers
- Education Professionals
- Team Leaders
- National Accreditation and ISO9001-2015 Quality Accreditation
- Our Experience
- Flexibility and Clients First
- We Deliver What We Say We Will
Find out more on our Why Choose FSA page.
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted. We also offer payment instalments.
Can we combine various courses or multiple staff members into a training package? Yes companies can add other FSA courses into a training package, or enrol multiple attendees to save money.
Contact us via the enquiry form below for more information.
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- More than 5 business days - no charge
- 5 business days or less - 50% of course fee
- 24 hours from start time - no refund
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- Transferred / cancelled more than 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred / cancelled 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred / cancelled 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
When transferring an enrolment from one course date to another the following charges will apply:
- Transferred 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
- Name changes to the booked course - 5 business days or less prior to the course date will incur a $50.00 + GST fee per name change
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
Contact us to learn more
Gain practical skills, earn nationally recognised qualifications and open up more job opportunities. Our courses are valued by companies and organisations across Australia. You may also be able to earn credit towards a university degree in some courses.
Contact our experienced Course Advisors to discuss more about this course or discover other courses that will suit you.