Safety & Health Representatives Refresher (Worksafe WA)
Why Choose This Course
The purpose of this course is to revitalise the knowledge and skills to enable you to continue to exercise your powers for the purpose of promoting and ensuring the health and safety at work of members of your work group.
This course is designed for elected Safety and Health Representatives (SHRs) and Deputy SHRs, who completed the Initial 5 Day course within the state jurisdiction of WA and need to refresh their knowledge, skills and confidence to represent their workplace. Evidence of attending the Initial 5 day training program will need to be provided.
Note: You will need to provide evidence that you are a currently elected SHR
Evidence of Identity (EOI)
FSA Entry Requirements:
- The refresher course can only be undertaken if the participant has completed the Initial 5 Day WA SHR course, evidence of this will need to be provided prior to attending refresher training
- Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
The course content covers:
- Critical areas of the legislation
- Hazard identification, risk assessment and control (hierarchy of control)
- Consultation, issue resolution, communication and representation
- Inspections and Investigations
- Issuing PINs
- Accessing information and basic record keeping
5 Days: Note this course must be completed within 6 months of course commencement
Onsite or at our training facility
Public and corporate course available in WA
Book This Course
Corporate training packages
Would you like group training for your employees? Click here to enquire and we will contact you, or call 1300 88 55 30 so we can tailor a training course for your organisation.
Access to FSA’s dedicated customer support.
Qualified and experience trainers.
On successful completion of the course you will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
This course will benefit various careers including:
- Work Health and Safety Manager
- Workplace Manager
- Floor Manager
- Department Manager
- HR Manager
- Safety Practitioner
- Supervisor or management position in certain industries
- Security Officers
- Building Managers
- Office Managers
- Hotel or Restaurant Managers
- Safety & Emergency Managers
- Education Professionals
- Team Leaders
- National Accreditation and ISO9001-2015 Quality Accreditation
- Our Experience
- Flexibility and Clients First
- We Deliver What We Say We Will
Find out more on our Why Choose FSA page.
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Course Pricing: $195.00
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted. We also offer payment instalments.
Can we combine various courses or multiple staff members into a training package? Yes companies can add other FSA courses into a training package, or enrol multiple attendees to save money.
Contact us via the enquiry form below for more information.
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- More than 5 business days – no charge
- 5 business days or less – 50% of course fee
- 24 hours from start time – no refund
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- Transferred / cancelled more than 5 business days prior to course date – no charge
- Transferred / cancelled 5 business days or less prior to course date – 50% of course fee
- Transferred / cancelled 24 hours from start time – no refund / full course charge
When transferring an enrolment from one course date to another the following charges will apply:
- Transferred 5 business days prior to course date – no charge
- Transferred 5 business days or less prior to course date – 50% of course fee
- Transferred 24 hours from start time – no refund / full course charge
- Name changes to the booked course – 5 business days or less prior to the course date will incur a $50.00 + GST fee per name change
Contact us at email@example.com for further information
Find Course Dates And Enrol
Contact us to learn more
Gain practical skills, earn nationally recognised qualifications and open up more job opportunities. Our courses are valued by companies and organisations across Australia. You may also be able to earn credit towards a university degree in some courses.
Contact our experienced Course Advisors to discuss more about this course or discover other courses that will suit you.