Santos Work Permit Procedure & Santos Module 49 – Gas Detection
MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres
Why Choose This Course
This unit addresses the training and assessment of students who are required to work within the work permit and addresses gas detection and monitoring procedures at Santos sites.
This training applies to all students who have the responsibility of performing work at Santos field sites and it is not specific to operations or maintenance.
- All participants are now required to complete the OPS.101 SWPP Work Party Member online eLearning course before attending the Santos Work Permit Procedure, approx. duration is 45min.
FSA Entry Requirements:
- Language, literacy and numeracy requirements
- This unit may require the ability to read and correctly interpret complex P&ID’s; speak clearly and unambiguously in English; and to explain, describe and verify sometimes complex needs and issues.
- Writing is required to the level of completing workplace forms
- Numeracy is required to the level of being able to correctly differentiate between high and low pressures and temperatures, voltages or masses
- Common chemical asphyxiants, including hydrocarbons, carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, hydrogen cyanide, and hydrogen sulphide
- Common irritants and corrosives, including chlorine, ammonia and acid bases
- Common flammable gases, including acetylene, petroleum, methane, ethane, propane and butane narcotics (explosive range, upper and lower explosive limits)
- Exposure standards (time weighted average, short term exposure limits, peak limitation values, examination of toxic effect at the level of a range of flammable gases)
- Conditions under which atmospheres become hazardous
- Units of measurement used to express concentration of atmospheric contaminants (mg/cubic m. ppm, % v/v).
- Underpinning skills could include interpretation and communication of results of sampling
Onsite or at our training facility.
Corporate and Public courses available in all states and territories.
Access to FSA’s dedicated customer support.
Qualified and experience trainers.
On successful completion of the training you will receive a Statement of Attainment for the units of competency listed above or a Certificate of Attendance for non-accredited training.
This course will benefit various careers including:
- Work Health and Safety Manager
- Workplace Manager
- Floor Manager
- Department Manager
- HR Manager
- Safety Practitioner
- Supervisor or management position in certain industries
- Security Officers
- Building Managers
- Office Managers
- Hotel or Restaurant Managers
- Safety & Emergency Managers
- Education Professionals
- Team Leaders
- National Accreditation and ISO9001-2015 Quality Accreditation
- Our Experience
- Flexibility and Clients First
- We Deliver What We Say We Will
Find out more on our Why Choose FSA page.
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Course Pricing: $220
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted. We also offer payment instalments.
Can we combine various courses or multiple staff members into a training package? Yes companies can add other FSA courses into a training package, or enrol multiple attendees to save money.
Contact us via the enquiry form below for more information.
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- More than 5 business days - no charge
- 5 business days or less - 50% of course fee
- 24 hours from start time - no refund
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- Transferred / cancelled more than 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred / cancelled 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred / cancelled 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
When transferring an enrolment from one course date to another the following charges will apply:
- Transferred 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
- Name changes to the booked course - 5 business days or less prior to the course date will incur a $50.00 + GST fee per name change
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
Find Course Dates And Enrol
⇓ Use this option to choose your preferred state.
Contact us to learn more
Gain practical skills, earn nationally recognised qualifications and open up more job opportunities. Our courses are valued by companies and organisations across Australia. You may also be able to earn credit towards a university degree in some courses.
Contact our experienced Course Advisors to discuss more about this course or discover other courses that will suit you.