Certificate II in Public Safety (Firefighting and Emergency Operations)
Why Choose This Course
This Qualification is designed for individuals wishing to further their level of knowledge and skills in firefighting and emergency response. Participants will ideally be currently engaged in firefighting and emergency response activities in the community or workplace, or looking to enter this industry. This course is designed for organisations and individuals responsible for public safety and for those working in public safety roles including:
- Mines rescue crew personnel
- Emergency response teams
- Fire service personnel; and
- Any individuals responsible for participating in firefighting and rescue operations
- PUAFIR210 Prevent injury ( delivered)
- PUAFIR207 Operate breathing apparatus open circuit ( delivered)
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid ( delivered)
- PUAFIR203 Respond to urban fire ( delivered) #
 – indicates pre-requisites for units listed within this training product
# subject to elective chosen
** Fire and Safety Australia will design a specific training plan to meet your company needs. Typically, this is a 6 month programme conducted in a blended combination of on-site and face to face delivery and requires up to 620 of study hours.
Students are required to attend workshops throughout the 6 month period for up to 12-15 days (96-120 hours) depending on their electives chosen, and spend an additional 524 hours on-site, employer based training, liaising with their trainer, and submitting logbooks.
FSA Entry Requirements:
- USI and sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
- Fitness to participate (physically demanding course)
- Participants need to be clean-shaven, meeting the Australian Standards,
when using Breathing Apparatus equipment
- Clothing and PPE appropriate to delivery site and course structure – this
may include fire rated PPE
Evidence of each participant holding the above competencies must be provided prior to entry into the course.
Qualification packaging rules
11 units of competency made up of 8 core and 3 elective units
- PUAEQU001 Prepare, maintain and test response equipment
- PUAFIR203 Respond to urban Fire
- PUAFIR207 Operate breathing apparatus – open circuit
- PUAFIR210 Prevent injury
- PUAOPE013 Operate communications systems and equipment
- PUASAR022 Participate in a rescue operation
- PUATEA001 Work in a team
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
Group A Elective units – choose 3 from the below:
- PUAFIR204 Respond to wildfire
- PUAFIR220 Respond to isolated structure Fire
- PUAFIR309 Operate pumps
- PUAFIR206 Check installed fire safety systems
Alternative elective units may be available on request
12 – 15 days depending on experience of the learners and the elective units chosen. Delivery period is extended over 6-12 month period.
Onsite or at our training facility. Access to a live fire ground will be required.
Corporate courses all states
Book This Course
Corporate training packages
Would you like group training for your employees? Click here to enquire and we will contact you, or call 1300 88 55 30 so we can tailor a training course for your organisation.
|Name||Course Start Date||Course End Date||Cost|
|PUA20619 Certificate II Public Safety (Firefighting and Emergency Response) RPL & CT||01/10/2021||31/12/2021||$0.00|
Access to FSA’s dedicated customer support.
Qualified and experience trainers.
This course will benefit various careers including:
- Work Health and Safety Manager
- Workplace Manager
- Floor Manager
- Department Manager
- HR Manager
- Safety Practitioner
- Supervisor or management position in certain industries
- Security Officers
- Building Managers
- Office Managers
- Hotel or Restaurant Managers
- Safety & Emergency Managers
- Education Professionals
- Team Leaders
Here are 4 reasons why you should choose Fire & Safety Australia for all of your safety training and safety consultancy requirements:
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted. We also offer payment instalments.
Can we combine various courses or multiple staff members into a training package? Yes companies can add other FSA courses into a training package, or enrol multiple attendees to save money.
Contact us via the enquiry form below for more information.
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- More than 5 business days - no charge
- 5 business days or less - 50% of course fee
- 24 hours from start time - no refund
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- Transferred / cancelled more than 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred / cancelled 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred / cancelled 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
When transferring an enrolment from one course date to another the following charges will apply:
- Transferred 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
- Name changes to the booked course - 5 business days or less prior to the course date will incur a $50.00 + GST fee per name change
Contact us at email@example.com for further information
Contact us to learn more
Gain practical skills, earn nationally recognised qualifications and open up more job opportunities. Our courses are valued by companies and organisations across Australia. You may also be able to earn credit towards a university degree in some courses.
Contact our experienced Course Advisors to discuss more about this course or discover other courses that will suit you.