Certificate II in Public Safety (Firefighting and Emergency Operations) Course Description
This Qualification, Certificate II in Public Safety (Firefighting and Emergency Operations), is designed for individuals wishing to further their level of knowledge and skills in firefighting and emergency response.
STEP 1 - MAKE A BOOKING (Search a state, date, and click BOOK NOW)
|Course Price||$ pp for public course
Corporate bookings – Request a quote, click here
PUA20619 Certificate II in Public Safety (Firefighting and Emergency Operations)
Why Choose This Course
This Qualification, PUA20622 Certificate II in Public Safety (Firefighting and Emergency Operations), is designed for individuals wishing to further their level of knowledge and skills in firefighting and emergency response. Participants will ideally be currently engaged in firefighting and emergency response activities in the community or workplace, or looking to enter this industry. This course is designed for organisations and individuals responsible for public safety and for those working in public safety roles including:
- Mines rescue crew personnel
- Emergency response teams
- Fire service personnel; and
- Any individuals responsible for participating in firefighting and rescue operations
- PUAFIR210 Prevent injury ( delivered)
- PUAFIR207 Operate breathing apparatus open circuit ( delivered)
- HLTAID011 Provide first aid ( delivered)
- PUAFIR203 Respond to urban fire ( delivered) #
 – indicates pre-requisites for units listed within this training product
# subject to elective chosen
** Fire and Safety Australia will design a specific training plan to meet your company needs. Typically, this is a 6 month programme conducted in a blended combination of on-site and face to face delivery and requires up to 620 of study hours.
Students are required to attend workshops throughout the 6 month period for up to 12-15 days (96-120 hours) depending on their electives chosen, and spend an additional 524 hours on-site, employer based training, liaising with their trainer, and submitting logbooks.
FSA Entry Requirements:
- USI and sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
- Fitness to participate (physically demanding course)
- Participants need to be clean-shaven, meeting the Australian Standards,
when using Breathing Apparatus equipment
- Clothing and PPE appropriate to delivery site and course structure – this
may include fire rated PPE
Evidence of each participant holding the above competencies must be provided prior to entry into the course.
Qualification packaging rules
11 units of competency made up of 8 core and 3 elective units
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
- PUAEQU001 Prepare, maintain and test response equipment
- PUAFIR203 Respond to urban Fire
- PUAFIR207 Operate breathing apparatus – open circuit
- PUAFIR210 Prevent injury
- PUAOPE013 Operate communications systems and equipment
- PUASAR022 Participate in a rescue operation
- PUATEA001 Work in a team
Group A Elective units – choose 3 from the below:
- PUAFIR204 Respond to wildfire
- PUAFIR309 Operate pumps
- PUAFIR206 Check installed fire safety systems
Alternative elective units may be available on request
12 – 15 days depending on experience of the learners and the elective units chosen. Delivery period is extended over 6-12 month period.
Onsite or at our training facility. Access to a live fire ground will be required.
Corporate courses all states
WHY PARTNER WITH US?
We provide a FAST 1-hour response time for all enquiries with FAST decisions and FAST issue resolutions
Service with 7 training centres and a full-time FSA presence in all States and Territories for Training and Medical/Emergency Response personnel
SUPPORT FOR OUR CLIENT PARTNERS
We always put our clients first, with tailored training courses and bespoke on-site medical and emergency response solutions.
150+ FSA team members and our values-based culture is at the heartbeat of our company.
15+ years in business, training 40,000 people per year, providing 10,000+ days per year in Paramedic, Nurse, and Emergency Services Officer shifts.
Providing the latest technology to improve the FSA experience- virtual reality, medisim medical simulation, world class clean burning fire training technology, and remote telemedicine and medical solutions.
Low Voltage Rescue & CPR Training
Perform Cable Pit / Trench / Excavation Rescue
Perform EWP Rescue & Controlled Descent Escape
Perform Pole Top Rescue Training
What you Recieve
Access to FSA’s dedicated customer support.
Qualified and experienced trainers.
This course will benefit various careers including:
- Work Health and Safety Manager
- Workplace Manager
- Floor Manager
- Department Manager
- HR Manager
- Safety Practitioner
- Supervisor or management position in certain industries
- Security Officers
- Building Managers
- Office Managers
- Hotel or Restaurant Managers
- Safety & Emergency Managers
- Education Professionals
- Team Leaders
On The Day
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Laptop or Tablet
Cancellation / Transfer Policy
Refer to the course participant handbook.
All cancellation and transfer requests must be received in writing.
Course Cancellation Policy
When cancelling an enrolment, the following charges will apply:
- 2 business day cooling off period
- 7 or more business days - no charge
- 6 or less business days - 50 percent (50%) of course fee incurred
- 3 business day’s notice or less from start time (weekends / public holidays not included) – no refund / full course charge
Course Transfer Policy
When transferring an enrolment from one course date to another, the following charges will apply:
- Transferred 7 or more business days prior to course date – no charge
- Transferred 6 or less business days prior to course date – 50 percent (50%) of course fee incurred
- Transferred 3 or less business days from start time (weekends / public holidays not included) – no refund / full course charge
- Name changes 5 business days or less prior to course date will incur a $50.00 +GST fee per name change
- Non-attendance of any course will not entitle the client to any refund, set-off, waiver or reduction of the fee and the client remains required to pay all fees in respect of courses that it does not attend, unless otherwise agreed in writing with the company.
- In the event any learner is turned away from training as a result of being adversely affected by drugs or alcohol in the trainer’s opinion, there shall be no refund
Once a training date has been confirmed by FSA, any changes made by the client to this booking, including cancellation or postponement will result in the following fees after the 2 business day cooling off period:
- Cancelled / transferred 7 or more business days prior to course date - no charge
- Cancelled / transferred 6 business days or less prior to course date - 50 percent (50%) of course fee
- Cancelled / transferred 3 or less business days from start time - no refund / full course charge name changes 5 business days or less prior to the course date will incur a $50.00 + GST fee per name change
All Cancellation Requests must be received in writing
When cancelling or withdrawing an enrolment, the following charges will apply:
- 2 business day cooling off period upon receipt of payment
- Cancelled / withdrawn between 3-13 business days, course fee refunded minus an admin fee of $250.00
- Cancelled / withdrawn after 14 days from commencement – 100% of course fee forfeited.
Link to Fees, Refunds and Charges Policy