Fire Extinguisher/Fire Warden
Course code: PUAFER008 Confine small emergencies in a facility
PUAFER005 Operate as part of an emergency control organisation
View Course Preview
Why Choose This Course
Our combined Fire Extinguisher and Fire Warden course will ensure that all of your employees are suitably trained in the safe use of Fire extinguishers, fire hose reels and fire blankets.
This course also covers the training requirements as listed in Australian Standard AS3745-2010 Planning for emergencies in facilities and will equip your personnel with the skills required to safely evacuate your workplace / facility.
This training course includes both a theory and a practical component to ensure that your employees can safely respond and deal with workplace emergencies.
From attending to a small workplace emergency up to the level of training required to fulfil the duties and responsibilities of a Fire Warden.
Participants can attend one or both of the courses mentioned above on the day of training and on the successful completion of a course or all the courses, will be given a Statement of Attainment for the achieved competencies.
FSA Entry Requirements:
- Fitness to participate
- Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
- Enclosed footwear, long pants and long sleeve shirt
- Fire tetrahedron
- Raising the alarm
- Fire safety & evacuation
- Classes of fire
- Types of fire extinguishers
- Safety procedures when fighting fires
- Firefighting tactics
- Practical fire extinguisher, fire blanket & fire hose reel scenarios
- Fire warden legal & regulatory requirements
- Australian standard 3745-2010 requirements
- Building fire safety
- Search patterns and techniques
- Safety officer & team leader roles & responsibilities
- Fire wardens procedures & responsibilities
Onsite or at our training facility
Public and corporate courses available in all states & territories
Access to FSA’s dedicated customer support.
Qualified and experience trainers.
On successful completion of the training you will receive a Statement of Attainment for the units of competency listed above or a Certificate of Attendance for non-accredited training.
This course will benefit various careers including:
- Work Health and Safety Manager
- Workplace Manager
- Floor Manager
- Department Manager
- HR Manager
- Safety Practitioner
- Supervisor or management position in certain industries
- Security Officers
- Building Managers
- Office Managers
- Hotel or Restaurant Managers
- Safety & Emergency Managers
- Education Professionals
- Team Leaders
- National Accreditation and ISO9001-2015 Quality Accreditation
- Our Experience
- Flexibility and Clients First
- We Deliver What We Say We Will
Find out more on our Why Choose FSA page.
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Course Pricing: $275
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted. We also offer payment instalments.
Can we combine various courses or multiple staff members into a training package? Yes companies can add other FSA courses into a training package, or enrol multiple attendees to save money.
Contact us via the enquiry form below for more information.
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- More than 5 business days - no charge
- 5 business days or less - 50% of course fee
- 24 hours from start time - no refund
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- Transferred / cancelled more than 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred / cancelled 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred / cancelled 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
When transferring an enrolment from one course date to another the following charges will apply:
- Transferred 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
- Name changes to the booked course - 5 business days or less prior to the course date will incur a $50.00 + GST fee per name change
Contact us at email@example.com for further information
Contact us to learn more
Gain practical skills, earn nationally recognised qualifications and open up more job opportunities. Our courses are valued by companies and organisations across Australia. You may also be able to earn credit towards a university degree in some courses.
Contact our experienced Course Advisors to discuss more about this course or discover other courses that will suit you.