Low Voltage Rescue & Provide CPR
UETTDRRF06 Perform rescue from a live LV panel
HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
View Course Preview
Why Choose This Course
This course provides participants with the confidence and competence required to perform CPR on an unconscious casualty and is designed for any person who may need to perform CPR to utilise DRSABCD during the course of their employment. This course is taught according to the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines. Successful completion of CPR section is required prior to continuing on with the Low Voltage Rescue section of the course.
The LVR unit covers the performance of rescue procedures from a live LV apparatus, not including overhead lines and underground cable in the work place. It specifies the mandatory requirements of rescue from a live LV panel and how they apply in the context of transmission, distribution or rail work functions.
It encompasses responsibilities for health, safety and risk management processes at all operative levels and adherence to safety practices as part of the normal way of doing work.
FSA Entry Requirements:
- Fitness to participate
- The ability to perform CPR on the floor
- Safety footwear, clothing and PPE appropriate to site requirements
- Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
Emergency procedures for the skills required to rescue a victim from a live LV panel encompassing:
- Assess the incident scene, conduct DRSABCD
- CPR techniques / recovery position
- Handover to medical personnel
- Placement and inspection of rescue equipment
- Assessing and controlling hazards to rescuer, victim and others
- Isolation procedures where appropriate
- Maintaining Safe Approach Distances (SAD’s) appropriate to rescue from
a live LV panel
- Involvement of external emergency services as appropriate
- Practical demonstration of rescuing a person
- Removing victim / self to safe location / place of safety
Onsite or at our training facility
Public and corporate courses available in most States & Territories
Book This Course
Corporate training packages
Would you like group training for your employees? Click here to enquire and we will contact you, or call 1300 88 55 30 so we can tailor a training course for your organisation.
Access to FSA’s dedicated customer support.
Qualified and experience trainers.
On successful completion of the training you will receive a Statement of Attainment for the units of competency listed above or a Certificate of Attendance for non-accredited training.
This course will benefit various careers including:
- Work Health and Safety Manager
- Workplace Manager
- Floor Manager
- Department Manager
- HR Manager
- Safety Practitioner
- Supervisor or management position in certain industries
- Security Officers
- Building Managers
- Office Managers
- Hotel or Restaurant Managers
- Safety & Emergency Managers
- Education Professionals
- Team Leaders
- National Accreditation and ISO9001-2015 Quality Accreditation
- Our Experience
- Flexibility and Clients First
- We Deliver What We Say We Will
Find out more on our Why Choose FSA page.
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Course Pricing: $200
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted. We also offer payment instalments.
Can we combine various courses or multiple staff members into a training package? Yes companies can add other FSA courses into a training package, or enrol multiple attendees to save money.
Contact us via the enquiry form below for more information.
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- More than 5 business days - no charge
- 5 business days or less - 50% of course fee
- 24 hours from start time - no refund
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- Transferred / cancelled more than 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred / cancelled 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred / cancelled 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
When transferring an enrolment from one course date to another the following charges will apply:
- Transferred 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
- Name changes to the booked course - 5 business days or less prior to the course date will incur a $50.00 + GST fee per name change
Contact us at email@example.com for further information
Find Course Dates And Enrol
⇓ Use this option to choose your preferred state.
Contact us to learn more
Gain practical skills, earn nationally recognised qualifications and open up more job opportunities. Our courses are valued by companies and organisations across Australia. You may also be able to earn credit towards a university degree in some courses.
Contact our experienced Course Advisors to discuss more about this course or discover other courses that will suit you.