Operate Breathing Apparatus Open Circuit
Custom Corporate Dates Available
- Book Anytime -
Why Choose This Course
Participants attending this course will select, don, operate and maintain open circuit breathing apparatus equipment in an irrespirable atmosphere as defined by the Australian Standard AS/NZS 1715 Selection, use and maintenance of respiratory protective equipment, along with observing a high emphasis on safety & emergency procedures. This training course is from the Public Safety Training Package and is designed for operators who are required to wear breathing apparatus within an emergency/rescue environment.
FSA Entry Requirements:
- Fitness to Participate
- Appropriate safety footwear, long pants, long sleeves
- Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
- Participants MUST be clean shaven as per AS1715 Section 22.214.171.124 Facial Fit, General
- Hazardous environments that require breathing protection
- Relevant Australian Standards, regulations explained
- The human respiratory system
- Types of breathing apparatus
- Communication procedures
- Risk assessments and hierarchy of hazard control
- Breathing apparatus key components
- Conduct pre-donning checks and tests on breathing apparatus
- Don and doffing breathing apparatus
- Calculating working duration & emergency escape times
- Using breathing apparatus control tally boards
- Breathing apparatus safety & entrapment procedures
- After use cleaning, maintenance & testing procedures
- Search & rescue
Regular Breathing Apparatus Refresher training courses are recommended under Australian Standard 1715-2009. The frequency of retraining will depend on the complexity of the program and the degree of the hazard, however as a minimum should be considered at least annually.
Onsite or at our training facility
Corporate courses available in most States & Territories
- PUAFIR210 Prevent Injury
- PUAFIR207 Operate Breathing Apparatus – Open Circuit
Book This Course
Corporate training packages
Would you like group training for your employees? Click here to enquire and we will contact you, or call 1300 88 55 30 so we can tailor a training course for your organisation.
|Operate Breathing Apparatus Open Circuit||16 November 2021 - 17 November 2021||08:30 am - 04:30 pm||CANNING VALE - WA||7||$650.00|
Access to FSA’s dedicated customer support.
Qualified and experience trainers.
- On successful completion of the training you will receive a Statement of Attainment for the units of competency listed above.
This course will benefit various careers including:
- Work Health and Safety Manager
- Workplace Manager
- Floor Manager
- Department Manager
- HR Manager
- Safety Practitioner
- Supervisor or management position in certain industries
- Security Officers
- Building Managers
- Office Managers
- Hotel or Restaurant Managers
- Safety & Emergency Managers
- Education Professionals
- Team Leaders
Here are 4 reasons why you should choose Fire & Safety Australia for all of your safety training and safety consultancy requirements:
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Course Pricing: 650
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted. We also offer payment instalments.
Can we combine various courses or multiple staff members into a training package? Yes companies can add other FSA courses into a training package, or enrol multiple attendees to save money.
Contact us via the enquiry form below for more information.
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- More than 5 business days - no charge
- 5 business days or less - 50% of course fee
- 24 hours from start time - no refund
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- Transferred / cancelled more than 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred / cancelled 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred / cancelled 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
When transferring an enrolment from one course date to another the following charges will apply:
- Transferred 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
- Name changes to the booked course - 5 business days or less prior to the course date will incur a $50.00 + GST fee per name change
Contact us at email@example.com for further information
Contact us to learn more
Gain practical skills, earn nationally recognised qualifications and open up more job opportunities. Our courses are valued by companies and organisations across Australia. You may also be able to earn credit towards a university degree in some courses.
Contact our experienced Course Advisors to discuss more about this course or discover other courses that will suit you.