Course code: PUAFIR308 Employ personal protection at a hazardous materials incident
PUAFIR306 Identify, detect and monitor hazardous materials at an incident
PUAFIR324 Render hazardous materials incidents safe
Custom Corporate Dates Available
- Book Anytime -
Why Choose This Course
Our HAZMAT Response course is designed for Emergency Response Teams who may be required to identify, monitor and render Hazardous Materials Incidents safe.
This training course is taught by experienced instructors who will take course participants through both theory and practical sessions to respond to on-site hazardous material emergencies.
This training course has a practical emphasis. Practical drills include: Splash or Gas Suits, Decontamination,
Assessment of the incident scene, Rescue Procedures etc. This course makes use of various safety documentation such as: SDS’s, HAZCHEM Sheets & HAG Sheets.
- PUAFIR207B Operate Breathing Apparatus – Open Circuit (or equivalent)
FSA Entry Requirements:
Fitness to participate
Participants must be clean shaven, no facial hair that may affect facial seal as per Australian Standards
Site appropriate PPE include fire rated PPE and footwear
Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
Evidence of each participant holding the above competencies must be provided prior to entry into the course.
- HAZCHEM & dangerous goods legislation
- HAZCHEM incident response protocols/procedures
- HAZMAT emergency response procedures
- HAZMAT incident leadership
- Personal protective equipment: splash suits, gas suits decontamination and HOT/WARM/COLD zone establishment
- HAZMAT emergency action guides, HAG sheets etc
- First aid treatment for HAZMAT incidents
Corporate courses available in most states & territories.
Access to FSA’s dedicated customer support.
Qualified and experience trainers.
On successful completion of the course you will receive a Statement of Attainment for the Nationally recognised Units of Competency:
- PUAFIR308 Employ personal protection at a hazardous materials incident
- PUAFIR306 Identify, detect and monitor hazardous materials at an incident
- PUAFIR324 Render hazardous materials incidents safe
This course will benefit various careers including:
- Work Health and Safety Manager
- Workplace Manager
- Floor Manager
- Department Manager
- HR Manager
- Safety Practitioner
- Supervisor or management position in certain industries
- Security Officers
- Building Managers
- Office Managers
- Hotel or Restaurant Managers
- Safety & Emergency Managers
- Education Professionals
- Team Leaders
- National Accreditation and ISO9001-2015 Quality Accreditation
- Our Experience
- Flexibility and Clients First
- We Deliver What We Say We Will
Find out more on our Why Choose FSA page.
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Site appropriate PPE, including fire rated PPE and footwear
- Participants must be clean shaven, no facial hair that may affect facial seal as per Australian Standards
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Course Pricing: Price on enquiry
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted. We also offer payment instalments.
Can we combine various courses or multiple staff members into a training package? Yes companies can add other FSA courses into a training package, or enrol multiple attendees to save money.
Contact us via the enquiry form below for more information.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- All cancellation requests must be received in writing
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- Cancelled / withdrawn between 2 -5 business days, receive 50 percent (50%) of course fee against the unit or units commenced
- Cancelled/withdrawn after more than 5 business days – no refund – forfeit 100% of fees paid against the unit or units commenced
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
Contact us to learn more
Gain practical skills, earn nationally recognised qualifications and open up more job opportunities. Our courses are valued by companies and organisations across Australia. You may also be able to earn credit towards a university degree in some courses.
Contact our experienced Course Advisors to discuss more about this course or discover other courses that will suit you.