Respond To Wildfire
Course code: PUAFIR204 Respond to Wildfire
Custom Corporate Dates Available
- Book Anytime -
View Course Preview
Why Choose This Course
This unit covers the competency required to respond to a wildfire, work as a safe and situationally-aware member of a crew to attack and extinguish a fire, participate in mop-up and patrol operations, and prepare equipment for the next crew.
PUAFIR210 Prevent Injury or equivalent
FSA Entry Requirements:
Fitness to participate
Safety PPE with long pants, long sleeves and safety footwear as a minimum
Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
Fire rated PPE & footwear, head and eye protection, PLUS gloves (wildfire rated)
Evidence of each participant holding the above competencies must be provided prior to entry into the course.
Response preparations to wildfire, location and access
Reacting to changing wildfire behaviour due to changes in weather, topography and fuel conditions
Participating in dry wildfire control with the use of extinguishing media
Maintaining health and safety of self, other workers and people in the immediate work area
Participating in mop-up and patrol, ancillary operations participation
Correct procedures for equipment stowage and maintenance
Onsite or at our training centres. Access to live fire ground essential
Corporate courses available in most states and territories
Access to FSA’s dedicated customer support.
Qualified and experience trainers.
On successful completion of the training you will receive a Statement of Attainment for the units of competency listed above or a Certificate of Attendance for non-accredited training.
This course will benefit various careers including:
- Work Health and Safety Manager
- Workplace Manager
- Floor Manager
- Department Manager
- HR Manager
- Safety Practitioner
- Supervisor or management position in certain industries
- Security Officers
- Building Managers
- Office Managers
- Hotel or Restaurant Managers
- Safety & Emergency Managers
- Education Professionals
- Team Leaders
- National Accreditation and ISO9001-2015 Quality Accreditation
- Our Experience
- Flexibility and Clients First
- We Deliver What We Say We Will
Find out more on our Why Choose FSA page.
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Course Pricing: Price on enquiry
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted. We also offer payment instalments.
Can we combine various courses or multiple staff members into a training package? Yes companies can add other FSA courses into a training package, or enrol multiple attendees to save money.
Contact us via the enquiry form below for more information.
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- More than 5 business days - no charge
- 5 business days or less - 50% of course fee
- 24 hours from start time - no refund
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- Transferred / cancelled more than 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred / cancelled 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred / cancelled 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
When transferring an enrolment from one course date to another the following charges will apply:
- Transferred 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
- Name changes to the booked course - 5 business days or less prior to the course date will incur a $50.00 + GST fee per name change
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
Contact us to learn more
Gain practical skills, earn nationally recognised qualifications and open up more job opportunities. Our courses are valued by companies and organisations across Australia. You may also be able to earn credit towards a university degree in some courses.
Contact our experienced Course Advisors to discuss more about this course or discover other courses that will suit you.