Licence to operate a Forklift Truck Training Course Description
Our aim with this course is to provide the participates with the skills and knowledge required for the safe operations of a Forklift Truck, which may lead to assessments required by the relevant State or Territory to issue a High Risk Work Licence.
STEP 1 - MAKE A BOOKING (Search a state, date, and click BOOK NOW)
|Course Price||$457 pp for public course
Corporate bookings – Request a quote, click here
Units of Competency:
- TLILIC0003 Licence to operate a Forklift truck
Forklift Licence Training
About this course
Why Choose This Course
A person who operates a forklift must hold a high-risk work forklift licence.
The TLILIC0003 Licence to operate a forklift truck is a very useful ticket in all facets of employment and industry.
This course is for beginners as well as experienced operators and has been designed to provide the participants with the skills and knowledge required for the safe operations of a forklift truck, which may lead to assessments required by the relevant state or territory to issue a High-Risk Work Licence.
The programme includes procedures and requirements for planning work, requirements and procedures for conducting routine checks, shifting loads and shutting down and securing the forklift truck.
Note: Participants are responsible for the submission of their application for a High Risk Work Licence to their relevant state or territory regulator.
- Assessing hazards and planning the work
- Planning and setting up the forklift ready for operations
- Conducting risk assessment and implementing control measures
- Conducting routine checks of equipment
- Operating the forklift
- Manoeuvring forklift around various routes
- Practicing different types of lifts and carrying various weights
- Calculating and determining load capacity
- Shutting down and securing the forklift.
- Meet the competency requirements for the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work
Pre-Course Student and Assessment
To optimise your chance of success, each participant is able to undertake pre-course study, and complete an online assessment (approx 3 hours). The link to commence this pre-course study will be provided at time of booking.
In the event you are deemed not yet competent on any of the three components in the Assessment (knowledge, calculations, practical) you are permitted to attend a re-assessment day and re-attempt the component in which you were deemed not yet competent. This re-assessment must be completed within calendar 60 days of your first assessment date.
Fire and Safety Australia highly advises you to contact our office well before the 60 day cut-off date to arrange your re-assessment otherwise we may not be able to have you re-assessed. Failure to complete your High Risk Work Licence re-assessment within 60 days will require you to complete a full re-assessment at full cost.
FSA Entry Requirements:
- Participants must be 18 years or over at time of assessment
- Safety PPE and safety footwear eg steel-capped boots must be worn
- 2 forms of ID eg 100 points.
- Sufficient Language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course. All National Assessment Instrument (NAI) must be completed in English without use of interpreting services, as per the guidance notes on the NAI.
- To optimise chance of success, participants are able to complete online learning and assessment; ability to access FSA learner portal is required (eg: access to internet, smart phone, tablet or laptop).
- USI that can be verified to ensure release of Statement of Attainment
- Suitable level of fitness to successfully complete the course
- 6 participants where one (1) forklift is available.
- 8 participants where two (2) forklifts are available
To optimise chance of success, participants are able to undertake pre-course study, and complete an online assessment (approx 3 hours); available on enrolment.
Public courses are scheduled at our venues
- North Lake WA
- Salisbury QLD
Benefits of this course
- On successful completion of the training you will receive a Statement of Attainment
On successful completion of this program, participants will be awarded the following Nationally Recognised Units of Competency:
- TLILIC0003 Licence to operate a Forklift truck
WHY PARTNER WITH US?
We provide a FAST 1-hour response time for all enquiries with FAST decisions and FAST issue resolutions
Service with 7 training centres and a full-time FSA presence in all States and Territories for Training and Medical/Emergency Response personnel
SUPPORT FOR OUR CLIENT PARTNERS
We always put our clients first, with tailored training courses and bespoke on-site medical and emergency response solutions.
150+ FSA team members and our values-based culture is at the heartbeat of our company.
15+ years in business, training 40,000 people per year, providing 10,000+ days per year in Paramedic, Nurse, and Emergency Services Officer shifts.
Providing the latest technology to improve the FSA experience- virtual reality, medisim medical simulation, world class clean burning fire training technology, and remote telemedicine and medical solutions.
Gas Test Atmospheres
Issue Work Permits
Lock Out Tag Out
Operate Breathing Apparatus
Breathing Apparatus – Open Circuit
Work as a safety observer/spotter
Apply Work Health and Safety Regulations, Codes and Practices in the Workplace
What you Recieve
Access to FSA’s dedicated customer support.
Qualified and experienced trainers.
This course will benefit various careers including:
- Work Health and Safety Manager
- Workplace Manager
- Floor Manager
- Department Manager
- HR Manager
- Safety Practitioner
- Supervisor or management position in certain industries
- Security Officers
- Building Managers
- Office Managers
- Hotel or Restaurant Managers
- Safety & Emergency Managers
- Education Professionals
- Team Leaders
On The Day
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Laptop or Tablet
Cancellation / Transfer Policy
Refer to the course participant handbook.
All cancellation and transfer requests must be received in writing.
Course Cancellation Policy
When cancelling an enrolment, the following charges will apply:
- 2 business day cooling off period
- 7 or more business days - no charge
- 6 or less business days - 50 percent (50%) of course fee incurred
- 3 business day’s notice or less from start time (weekends / public holidays not included) – no refund / full course charge
Course Transfer Policy
When transferring an enrolment from one course date to another, the following charges will apply:
- Transferred 7 or more business days prior to course date – no charge
- Transferred 6 or less business days prior to course date – 50 percent (50%) of course fee incurred
- Transferred 3 or less business days from start time (weekends / public holidays not included) – no refund / full course charge
- Name changes 5 business days or less prior to course date will incur a $50.00 +GST fee per name change
- Non-attendance of any course will not entitle the client to any refund, set-off, waiver or reduction of the fee and the client remains required to pay all fees in respect of courses that it does not attend, unless otherwise agreed in writing with the company.
- In the event any learner is turned away from training as a result of being adversely affected by drugs or alcohol in the trainer’s opinion, there shall be no refund
Once a training date has been confirmed by FSA, any changes made by the client to this booking, including cancellation or postponement will result in the following fees after the 2 business day cooling off period:
- Cancelled / transferred 7 or more business days prior to course date - no charge
- Cancelled / transferred 6 business days or less prior to course date - 50 percent (50%) of course fee
- Cancelled / transferred 3 or less business days from start time - no refund / full course charge name changes 5 business days or less prior to the course date will incur a $50.00 + GST fee per name change
All Cancellation Requests must be received in writing
When cancelling or withdrawing an enrolment, the following charges will apply:
- 2 business day cooling off period upon receipt of payment
- Cancelled / withdrawn between 3-13 business days, course fee refunded minus an admin fee of $250.00
- Cancelled / withdrawn after 14 days from commencement – 100% of course fee forfeited.
Link to Fees, Refunds and Charges Policy