Course code: HLTWHS005 Conduct manual tasks safely
Why Choose This Course
Lifting, pulling and/or pushing are common causes of low back injury that is often preventable. Our manual handling training course is designed to provide participants with a basic understanding of the relevant legislation, as well as the National Manual Handling Code of Practice. Participants will also learn the skills and knowledge required to shift loads using manual handling methods, including assessing the risks associated with relocating the load, planning the relocation process and carrying out the relocation in accordance with the plan.
FSA Entry Requirements:
- Fitness to participate
- Enclosed footwear
- Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
- Manual handling legislative overview
- The body & biomechanics
- The manual handling code of practice
- General risk management principles
- Correct lifting and carrying principles
- Risks to self are identified arising from the required lifting,
load carrying, set down or movement of the goods
- Manual handling procedures for lifting, lowering and carrying,
pushing and pulling are identified
Onsite or at our training facility
Public and corporate courses all states
Access to FSA’s dedicated customer support.
Qualified and experience trainers.
On successful completion of the training you will receive a Statement of Attainment for the units of competency listed above or a Certificate of Attendance for non-accredited training.
This course will benefit various careers including:
- Work Health and Safety Manager
- Workplace Manager
- Floor Manager
- Department Manager
- HR Manager
- Safety Practitioner
- Supervisor or management position in certain industries
- Security Officers
- Building Managers
- Office Managers
- Hotel or Restaurant Managers
- Safety & Emergency Managers
- Education Professionals
- Team Leaders
- National Accreditation and ISO9001-2015 Quality Accreditation
- Our Experience
- Flexibility and Clients First
- We Deliver What We Say We Will
Find out more on our Why Choose FSA page.
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Course Pricing: $200
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted. We also offer payment instalments.
Can we combine various courses or multiple staff members into a training package? Yes companies can add other FSA courses into a training package, or enrol multiple attendees to save money.
Contact us via the enquiry form below for more information.
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- More than 5 business days - no charge
- 5 business days or less - 50% of course fee
- 24 hours from start time - no refund
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- Transferred / cancelled more than 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred / cancelled 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred / cancelled 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
When transferring an enrolment from one course date to another the following charges will apply:
- Transferred 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
- Name changes to the booked course - 5 business days or less prior to the course date will incur a $50.00 + GST fee per name change
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
Find Course Dates And Enrol
⇓ Use this option to choose your preferred state.
Contact us to learn more
Gain practical skills, earn nationally recognised qualifications and open up more job opportunities. Our courses are valued by companies and organisations across Australia. You may also be able to earn credit towards a university degree in some courses.
Contact our experienced Course Advisors to discuss more about this course or discover other courses that will suit you.