Operate Elevating Work Platform
Course code: RIIHAN301E Operate Elevating Work Platform
Why Choose This Course
This course is designed to give participants transferrable knowledge and skills to operate elevating work platforms (EWP) which are not classified as requiring a high risk work licence (HRWL) (height measured from the ground to the bottom of the platform at full extension). Anything over 11m requires a HRWL delivered through an approved Worksafe authority.
After successfully completing this nationally recognised course you will be trained and competent to operate: EWP Boom Lift and Scissor Lift (up to 11m). Training on Trailer/Vertical Lift EWP available on request. Work sites in Australia have an obligation to induct workers on the plant they are required to use and we recommend that potential participants check with their employer(s) as to the suitability of any training related to on-site plant and equipment.
Competent students will receive a Statement of Attainment for the unit of competency and a card detailing the class of machines they were trained and assessed in. This is equivalent to ‘Yellow Card’ training.
FSA Entry Requirements:
- Fitness to participate (MUST be able to work at heights)
- Sufficient language literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
- Participants must be 18 years or over
- Safety PPE and enclosed footwear
Evidence of each participant holding the above competencies must be provided prior to entry into the course.
- Plan and prepare for EWP operations
- Identify hazards and carry out risk assessment
- Carry out prestart checks
- Operate controls
- Select, remove and fit attachments
- Perform manual descent and emergency procedures
- Shut down and return worksite to normal operations
- Return EWP to operationally ready status
Onsite or at our training facility
Corporate courses at all states
Access to FSA’s dedicated customer support.
Qualified and experience trainers.
On successful completion of the training you will receive a Statement of Attainment for the units of competency listed above or a Certificate of Attendance for non-accredited training.
This course will benefit various careers including:
- Work Health and Safety Manager
- Workplace Manager
- Floor Manager
- Department Manager
- HR Manager
- Safety Practitioner
- Supervisor or management position in certain industries
- Security Officers
- Building Managers
- Office Managers
- Hotel or Restaurant Managers
- Safety & Emergency Managers
- Education Professionals
- Team Leaders
- National Accreditation and ISO9001-2015 Quality Accreditation
- Our Experience
- Flexibility and Clients First
- We Deliver What We Say We Will
Find out more on our Why Choose FSA page.
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Course Pricing: Varies based on requirements.
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted. We also offer payment instalments.
Can we combine various courses or multiple staff members into a training package? Yes companies can add other FSA courses into a training package, or enrol multiple attendees to save money.
Contact us via the enquiry form below for more information.
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- More than 5 business days - no charge
- 5 business days or less - 50% of course fee
- 24 hours from start time - no refund
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- Transferred / cancelled more than 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred / cancelled 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred / cancelled 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
When transferring an enrolment from one course date to another the following charges will apply:
- Transferred 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
- Name changes to the booked course - 5 business days or less prior to the course date will incur a $50.00 + GST fee per name change
Contact us at email@example.com for further information
Find Course Dates And Enrol
⇓ Use this option to choose your preferred state.
Contact us to learn more
Gain practical skills, earn nationally recognised qualifications and open up more job opportunities. Our courses are valued by companies and organisations across Australia. You may also be able to earn credit towards a university degree in some courses.
Contact our experienced Course Advisors to discuss more about this course or discover other courses that will suit you.