Compartment Fire Based Training
This is a non-accredited training course, a Certificate of Attendance is issued on completion.
Custom Corporate Dates Available
- Book Anytime -
Price on enquiry *
View Course Preview
Why Choose This Course
Our non-accredited Compartment Fire Based Training (CFBT) course is designed for personnel whom may be required to enter a compartment to undertake firefighting and rescue operations. Compartment firefighting is one of the most dangerous forms of firefighting due to the inherent risks of flashover and backdraught.
FSA’s Compartment Fire Based Training (CFBT) course utilises advanced technology to demonstrate real fires and advanced methods of fire extinguishment. Our CFBT facility is transportable anywhere within Australia and our instructors have CFBT experience through Australia’s fire services. The CFBT training is realistic, hands on and comparable to a real life compartment fire.
On successful completion of this course participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance for this course. We have our own portable CFBT training simulators. These can be transported to your work site and used to train your personnel safely at your own location.
FSA Entry Requirements:
Fitness to participate
Participants must be clean shaven, no facial hair that may affect facial seal as per Australian Standards
PUAFIR207B (or equivalent) Operate breathing apparatus – open circuit
Fire rated PPE & footwear
Evidence of each participant holding the above competencies must be provided prior to entry into the course.
- Fire tetrahedron
- Fire gases
- Limits of flammability
- Signs of flashover
- Signs of backdraft
- Fire gas explosions
- Fire gas observations
- Water extinguishment
- Gas cooling
- Branch techniques
- Door entry techniques
- Temperature checks
- Team duties inside a compartment on fire
- Search patterns and techniques
- Safety officer & team leader roles & responsibilities
Corporate course only
Access to FSA’s dedicated customer support.
Qualified and experience trainers.
On successful completion of the training you will receive a Statement of Attainment for the units of competency listed above or a Certificate of Attendance for non-accredited training.
This course will benefit various careers including:
- Work Health and Safety Manager
- Workplace Manager
- Floor Manager
- Department Manager
- HR Manager
- Safety Practitioner
- Supervisor or management position in certain industries
- Security Officers
- Building Managers
- Office Managers
- Hotel or Restaurant Managers
- Safety & Emergency Managers
- Education Professionals
- Team Leaders
- National Accreditation and ISO9001-2015 Quality Accreditation
- Our Experience
- Flexibility and Clients First
- We Deliver What We Say We Will
Find out more on our Why Choose FSA page.
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Course Pricing: Price on enquiry
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted. We also offer payment instalments.
Can we combine various courses or multiple staff members into a training package? Yes companies can add other FSA courses into a training package, or enrol multiple attendees to save money.
Contact us via the enquiry form below for more information.
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- More than 5 business days - no charge
- 5 business days or less - 50% of course fee
- 24 hours from start time - no refund
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- Transferred / cancelled more than 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred / cancelled 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred / cancelled 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
When transferring an enrolment from one course date to another the following charges will apply:
- Transferred 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
- Name changes to the booked course - 5 business days or less prior to the course date will incur a $50.00 + GST fee per name change
Contact us at email@example.com for further information
Contact us to learn more
Gain practical skills, earn nationally recognised qualifications and open up more job opportunities. Our courses are valued by companies and organisations across Australia. You may also be able to earn credit towards a university degree in some courses.
Contact our experienced Course Advisors to discuss more about this course or discover other courses that will suit you.