Diploma of Work Health and Safety
Course code: BSB51319
Price on enquiry *
Why Choose This Course
This fully online training course enables participants to gain a Diploma of Work Health and Safety (WHS) at their own pace over a 12 month period. It will provide participants with the opportunity to grow their practical knowledge and skills in the development, implementation and management of WHS programs/systems.
Participants must hold a Qualification/ Statement of Attainment with the 5 core units from the Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety BSB41419 or equivalent, being:
- BSBWHS412 Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS413 Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS414 Contribute to WHS risk management
- BSBWHS415 Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
- BSBWHS416 Contribute to workplace incident response
FSA Entry Requirements:
- USI that can be verified to ensure release of Certificate
- Access to computer and internet, along with appropriate business software eg: Microsoft Word and Acrobat Reader
- Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
- Language literacy and numeracy testing to be completed on course application
Evidence of each participant holding the above competencies must be provided prior to entry into the course.
- Recognise, evaluate and manage health and safety hazards in the workplace
- Administer various work health and safety functions, planning and policy and process development in the workplace
- Communicate effectively with personnel at all levels of the organisation
- Develop actions, interventions and measures to prevent re-occurrences of incidents
- Achieve change in WHS matters
- Gather and analyse relevant WHS information and data
- Contribute to the implementation, review and improvement of the WHS plan and WHS management system
Qualification Packaging Rules
Total number of units = 10 which is made up of 5 core and 5 elective units
- BSBWHS513 Lead WHS risk management
- BSBWHS515 Lead initial response to and investigate WHS incidents
- BSBWHS516 Contribute to developing, implementing and maintaining an organisation’s WHS management system
- BSBWHS519 Lead the development and use of WHS risk management tools
- BSBWHS522 Manage WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS517 Contribute to managing a WHS information system
- BSBWHS520 Manage implementation of emergency procedures
- BSBWHS514 Manage WHS compliance of contractors
- BSBHRM509 Manage rehabilitation or return to work programs
- BSBWHS521 Ensure a safe workplace for a work area
**Self-paced Distance education gives participants the flexibility to complete the course at their own pace within the stipulated course timeframes without the need to attend face to face workshops. Courseware is provided online via the NSCA Student Portal and email.
All assessments are to be completed on line via our Student Portal within a maximum of twelve (12) months from enrolment.
Access to FSA’s dedicated customer support.
Qualified and experience trainers.
On successful completion of the course you will receive a Certificate for Qualification: BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety
This course will benefit various careers including:
- Work Health and Safety Manager
- Workplace Manager
- Floor Manager
- Department Manager
- HR Manager
- Safety Practitioner
- Supervisor or management position in certain industries
- Security Officers
- Building Managers
- Office Managers
- Hotel or Restaurant Managers
- Safety & Emergency Managers
- Education Professionals
- Team Leaders
- National Accreditation and ISO9001-2015 Quality Accreditation
- Our Experience
- Flexibility and Clients First
- We Deliver What We Say We Will
Find out more on our Why Choose FSA page.
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted. We also offer payment instalments.
Can we combine various courses or multiple staff members into a training package? Yes companies can add other FSA courses into a training package, or enrol multiple attendees to save money.
Contact us via the enquiry form below for more information.
All cancellation requests must be received in writing.
- 2 business day “cooling off period” upon receipt of payment
- Cancelled / withdrawn between 3-13 business days, course fee refunded minus an admin fee of $250.00
- Cancelled / withdrawn after 14 days from commencement – 100% of course fee forfeited.
Contact the Distance Education Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- More than 5 business days – no charge
- 5 business days or less – 50% of course fee
- 24 hours from start time – no refund
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- Transferred / cancelled more than 5 business days prior to course date – no charge
- Transferred / cancelled 5 business days or less prior to course date – 50% of course fee
- Transferred / cancelled 24 hours from start time – no refund / full course charge
When transferring an enrolment from one course date to another the following charges will apply:
- Transferred 5 business days prior to course date – no charge
- Transferred 5 business days or less prior to course date – 50% of course fee
- Transferred 24 hours from start time – no refund / full course charge
- Name changes to the booked course – 5 business days or less prior to the course date will incur a $50.00 + GST fee per name change
Contact us at email@example.com for further information
Find Course Dates Or Enrol
Contact us to learn more
Gain practical skills, earn nationally recognised qualifications and open up more job opportunities. Our courses are valued by companies and organisations across Australia. You may also be able to earn credit towards a university degree in some courses.
Contact our experienced Course Advisors to discuss more about this course or discover other courses that will suit you.