Diploma of Work Health and Safety
View Public Course Dates
Custom Corporate Dates Available
- Book Anytime -
Onsite or at our training facility. Mobile training trailer available in some states.
Why Choose This Course
This fully online training course enables participants to gain the Qualification, BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety (WHS) at their own pace over a 12 month period. It will provide participants with the opportunity to grow their practical knowledge and skills in the development, implementation and management of WHS programs/systems.
Participants MUST hold a Qualification/ Statement of Attainment with the below 5 core units from the BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety (or equivalent), if you do not hold these units of competency you are ineligible to enrol into the Diploma WHS, you can however enrol into our Pre-Requisites for Diploma of WHS course to complete the units prior to enroling into the Diploma.
- BSBWHS412 Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS413 Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS414 Contribute to WHS risk management
- BSBWHS415 Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
- BSBWHS416 Contribute to workplace incident response
FSA Entry Requirements:
- USI that can be verified to ensure release of Certificate
- Access to computer and internet, along with appropriate business software eg: Microsoft Word and Acrobat Reader
- Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
- Language literacy and numeracy testing to be completed on course application
Evidence of each participant holding the Pre-requisite and Pre-entry requirements must be provided prior to entry into the course.
- Recognise, evaluate and manage health and safety hazards in the workplace
- Administer various work health and safety functions, planning and policy and process development in the workplace
- Communicate effectively with personnel at all levels of the organisation
- Develop actions, interventions and measures to prevent re-occurrences of incidents
- Achieve change in WHS matters
- Gather and analyse relevant WHS information and data
- Contribute to the implementation, review and improvement of the WHS plan and WHS management system
Qualification Packaging Rules
Total number of units = 10 which is made up of 5 core and 5 elective units
- BSBWHS513 Lead WHS risk management
- BSBWHS515 Lead initial response to and investigate WHS incidents
- BSBWHS516 Contribute to developing, implementing and maintaining an organisation’s WHS management system
- BSBWHS517 Contribute to managing a WHS information system
- BSBWHS518 Manage WHS hazards associated with maintenance and use of plant
- BSBWHS519 Lead the development and use of WHS risk management tools
- BSBWHS520 Manage implementation of emergency procedures
- BSBWHS521 Ensure a safe workplace for a work area
- BSBWHS522 Manage WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBHRM530 Coordinate rehabilitation and return to work programs
**Self-paced Distance education gives participants the flexibility to complete the course at their own pace within the stipulated course timeframes without the need to attend face to face workshops.
All assessments are to be completed on line via our Student Portal within a maximum of twelve (12) months from enrolment.
Please note: Diploma of Work Health and Safety programme offered by FSA is FULLY ONLINE – this means that paper-based resources are not automatically made available and where required, will incur and additional cost.
Payment Plan Option:
We do have a payment plan available for this course, If you wish to enrol via the payment plan option please email email@example.com.
Please see the payment schedule below.
- 50% due upon enrolment
- 25% due 30 days after enrolment
- 25% due 60 days after enrolment
Book This Course
Corporate training packages
Would you like group training for your employees? Click here to enquire and we will contact you, or call 1300 88 55 30 so we can tailor a training course for your organisation.
|Name||Course Start Date||Course End Date||Cost|
|BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety - June 2021 UNPUBLISHED||01/06/2021||01/07/2022||$0.00|
|BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety - July 2021 UNPUBLISHED||01/07/2021||31/07/2022||$0.00|
|BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety - August 2021 UNPUBLISHED||01/08/2021||31/08/2022||$0.00|
|BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety - September 2021 UNPUBLISHED||01/09/2021||01/10/2022||$0.00|
|BSB51319 - Diploma of Work Health and Safety - October 2021 UNPUBLISHED||01/10/2021||31/10/2022||$1,000.00|
|BSB51319 - Diploma of Work Health and Safety - December 2021 Distance Education UNPUBLISHED||01/11/2021||01/12/2022||$1,000.00|
|BSB51319 - Diploma of Work Health and Safety - November 2021 Distance Education UNPUBLISHED||01/11/2021||01/12/2022||$1,000.00|
|BSB51319 - Diploma of Work Health and Safety - February 2022 Distance Education UNPUBLISHED||01/01/2022||31/01/2023||$1,000.00|
|BSB51319 - Diploma of Work Health and Safety - January 2022 UNPUBLISHED||01/01/2022||31/01/2023||$1,000.00|
|BSB51319 - Diploma of Work Health and Safety - March 2022 Distance Ed UNPUBLISHED||01/03/2022||31/03/2023||$1,000.00|
|BSB51319 - Diploma of Work Health and Safety - April 2022 Distance Education UNPUBLISHED||01/04/2022||01/05/2023||$1,000.00|
|BSB51319 - Diploma of Work Health and Safety - May 2022 Distance Education - UNPUBLISHED||01/04/2022||01/05/2023||$1,000.00|
|BSB51319 - Diploma of Work Health and Safety - June 2022 Distance Education||01/06/2022||01/07/2023||$1,000.00|
Access to FSA’s dedicated customer support.
Qualified and experience trainers.
This course will benefit various careers including:
- Work Health and Safety Manager
- Workplace Manager
- Floor Manager
- Department Manager
- HR Manager
- Safety Practitioner
- Supervisor or management position in certain industries
- Security Officers
- Building Managers
- Office Managers
- Hotel or Restaurant Managers
- Safety & Emergency Managers
- Education Professionals
- Team Leaders
Here are 4 reasons why you should choose Fire & Safety Australia for all of your safety training and safety consultancy requirements:
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted. We also offer payment instalments.
Can we combine various courses or multiple staff members into a training package? Yes companies can add other FSA courses into a training package, or enrol multiple attendees to save money.
Contact us via the enquiry form below for more information.
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- More than 5 business days - no charge
- 5 business days or less - 50% of course fee
- 24 hours from start time - no refund
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- Transferred / cancelled more than 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred / cancelled 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred / cancelled 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
When transferring an enrolment from one course date to another the following charges will apply:
- Transferred 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
- Name changes to the booked course - 5 business days or less prior to the course date will incur a $50.00 + GST fee per name change
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
Contact us to learn more
Gain practical skills, earn nationally recognised qualifications and open up more job opportunities. Our courses are valued by companies and organisations across Australia. You may also be able to earn credit towards a university degree in some courses.
Contact our experienced Course Advisors to discuss more about this course or discover other courses that will suit you.