Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
Course code: BSB41419
Face to Face training $1,850
Why Choose This Course
This training course enables participates to gain a qualification in Work Health and Safety (WHS). It is designed to give participants practical knowledge and skills to enable the provision of valid and timely WHS advice and assist with improving safety in the workplace. The course covers a broad range of health and safety functions and responsibilities in the workplace including identifying hazards, assessing WHS risks, implementing strategies to control WHS risks and evaluating an organisation’s WHS performance.
FSA Entry Requirements:
- USI and sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course. Language, literacy and numeracy testing to be completed on course application.
- Fitness to participate
- Computer or laptop and access to internet. Appropriate business software eg: Microsoft Word and Acrobat Reader
Delivered by NSCA
Qualification Packaging Rules
Total number of units = 10 which is made up of 5 core and 5 elective units
- BSBRES411 Analyse and present research information
- BSBWHS412 Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS413 Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS
consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS414 Contribute to WHS risk management
- BSBWHS415 Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
- BSBWHS416 Contribute to workplace incident response
- BSBWHS418 Assist with managing WHS compliance of contractors
- BSBWRT401 Write complex documents
- BSBMGT403 Implement continuous improvement
- BSBWHS520 Manage implementation of emergency procedures
- Implement and support the WHS management system
- Prepare and advise workplace personnel for dealing with WHS issues
- Understand WHS legislative requirements and assist with monitoring workplace compliance
- Implement WHS initiatives and processes that support organisational WHS goals
- Apply knowledge of risk assessment to contribute to the selection of risk-assessment techniques, tools and processes for common hazards
- Contribute to setting up and running of WHS consultation and participation processes
Onsite or at our training facility*
Corporate or Public courses available most states. Self-paced**
*Face to Face workshop interactive learning requires participants to attend five (5) days of face to face training utilising theory and practical activities. Delivery will include instructor led presentations / scenarios plus up to 962 hours of research, contact with an assessor plus completing and submitting assessments over a 12 month period. Suggest unit delivery plan available.
**Online Self-paced Distance education gives participants the flexibility to complete the course at their own pace within the stipulated course timeframes without the need to attend face to face workshops.
Courseware is provided online via the NSCA Student Portal and requires plus upto 1000 hours of research, contact with an assessor plus completing and submitting assessments over a 12 month period. Suggest unit delivery plan available. All Assessments are to be completed on line via our Student Portal within a maximum of twelve (12) months from enrolment for both Face-to-face and Online Self -paced distance courses.
Access to FSA’s dedicated customer support.
Qualified and experience trainers.
On successful completion of the course you will receive a Statement of Attainment for the nationally recognised Units of Competency:
BSB41419 CERTIFICATE IV IN WORK HEALTH AND SAFETY
This course will benefit various careers including:
- Work Health and Safety Manager
- Workplace Manager
- Floor Manager
- Department Manager
- HR Manager
- Safety Practitioner
- Supervisor or management position in certain industries
- Security Officers
- Building Managers
- Office Managers
- Hotel or Restaurant Managers
- Safety & Emergency Managers
- Education Professionals
- Team Leaders
- National Accreditation and ISO9001-2015 Quality Accreditation
- Our Experience
- Flexibility and Clients First
- We Deliver What We Say We Will
Find out more on our Why Choose FSA page.
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted. We also offer payment instalments.
Can we combine various courses or multiple staff members into a training package? Yes companies can add other FSA courses into a training package, or enrol multiple attendees to save money.
Contact us via the enquiry form below for more information.
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- More than 5 business days – no charge
- 5 business days or less – 50% of course fee
- 24 hours from start time – no refund
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- Transferred / cancelled more than 5 business days prior to course date – no charge
- Transferred / cancelled 5 business days or less prior to course date – 50% of course fee
- Transferred / cancelled 24 hours from start time – no refund / full course charge
When transferring an enrolment from one course date to another the following charges will apply:
- Transferred 5 business days prior to course date – no charge
- Transferred 5 business days or less prior to course date – 50% of course fee
- Transferred 24 hours from start time – no refund / full course charge
- Name changes to the booked course – 5 business days or less prior to the course date will incur a $50.00 + GST fee per name change
Contact us at email@example.com for further information
Find Course Dates And Enrol
⇓ Use this option to choose your preferred state.
Contact us to learn more
Gain practical skills, earn nationally recognised qualifications and open up more job opportunities. Our courses are valued by companies and organisations across Australia. You may also be able to earn credit towards a university degree in some courses.
Contact our experienced Course Advisors to discuss more about this course or discover other courses that will suit you.