Work Safely at Heights
Course code: RIIWHS204E Work safely at heights
View Course Preview
Why Choose This Course
Our nationally accredited height safety training course is designed for persons who are required to work at height. Participants will develop skills to select height safety equipment and apply it to specific tasks.
Our height safety training course covers how to work in accordance with height safety regulations, Australian Standards and relevant codes of practice.
Participants will have an understanding of risk assessment procedures and permits to work at height. Participants who undertake our height safety training course will also undergo practical instruction in the correct use of height safety equipment.
FSA Entry Requirements:
Fitness to Participate, participants must be physically capable
of wearing a harness and climbing a ladder safely, maintaining 3 points
Long sleeves and long pants/appropriate safety footwear
Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course.
WH&S legislation, height safety regulations, codes of practice & Australian Standards
Correct use of height safety equipment
Elevated working platforms & scaffolds
Risk assessment & hierarchy of hazard control
Management & employee responsibilities
Fall arrest devices & safety equipment
Safe ladder techniques
Equipment inspection & maintenance requirements
Setting up a fall restraint system
Emergency procedures including height rescue procedures
Developing site procedures & safe work methods
Onsite or at our training facility
Public and corporate courses available in all States & Territories
Access to FSA’s dedicated customer support.
Qualified and experience trainers.
On successful completion of the training you will receive a Statement of Attainment for the units of competency listed above or a Certificate of Attendance for non-accredited training.
This course will benefit various careers including:
- Work Health and Safety Manager
- Workplace Manager
- Floor Manager
- Department Manager
- HR Manager
- Safety Practitioner
- Supervisor or management position in certain industries
- Security Officers
- Building Managers
- Office Managers
- Hotel or Restaurant Managers
- Safety & Emergency Managers
- Education Professionals
- Team Leaders
- National Accreditation and ISO9001-2015 Quality Accreditation
- Our Experience
- Flexibility and Clients First
- We Deliver What We Say We Will
Find out more on our Why Choose FSA page.
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Course Pricing: $345
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted. We also offer payment instalments.
Can we combine various courses or multiple staff members into a training package? Yes companies can add other FSA courses into a training package, or enrol multiple attendees to save money.
Contact us via the enquiry form below for more information.
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- More than 5 business days - no charge
- 5 business days or less - 50% of course fee
- 24 hours from start time - no refund
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- Transferred / cancelled more than 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred / cancelled 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred / cancelled 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
When transferring an enrolment from one course date to another the following charges will apply:
- Transferred 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
- Name changes to the booked course - 5 business days or less prior to the course date will incur a $50.00 + GST fee per name change
Contact us at email@example.com for further information
Find Course Dates And Enrol
⇓ Use this option to choose your preferred state.
Contact us to learn more
Gain practical skills, earn nationally recognised qualifications and open up more job opportunities. Our courses are valued by companies and organisations across Australia. You may also be able to earn credit towards a university degree in some courses.
Contact our experienced Course Advisors to discuss more about this course or discover other courses that will suit you.