Santos Operate Vehicles in the Field
Course code: PMASUP236
Why Choose This Course
This Santos specific course covers the skills and knowledge required to prepare and operate vehicles and related equipment to patrol pipelines or otherwise drive across a variety of terrains. This unit of competency applies to operators who are required to check their vehicle daily for damage, ensure fuels and lubricant levels are maintained, effect minor repairs, prepare and maintain field equipment, and communicate with their base station. Operators must check the vehicle for mechanical soundness before leaving base, ensure it is securely and adequately packed, make certain the communications equipment and contact schedule are in order and generally be prepared for long periods off-road.
This driver training course is designed for persons operating light vehicles in off road situations (4×4) and on the pipeline easement/access roads. It covers PMASUP236 – Operate Vehicles in the field from the Chemical, Hydrocarbons and Refining Training Package.
FSA Entry Requirements:
- Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
- Fitness to participate;
- Free from the influence of drugs & alcohol;
- Enclosed shoes, clothing suitable to training site requirements
- Participants are required to hold a current unrestricted MANUAL Class C driver’s license, applicable for the vehicle being driven, and meet the national vision standards requirements for that states legislation, with or without corrective lenses
- Client to provide vehicles for corporate courses
- Make for a safe workplace in remote locations
- Following company driving policies (Journey Management)
- Observation and driver attitude
- Identification of hazards and risks
- Braking techniques
- Vehicle recovery
- Fatigue management
Maximum 3 students
Onsite or at our training facility.
Corporate and Public courses available in all states and territories.
Access to FSA’s dedicated customer support.
Qualified and experience trainers.
On successful completion of the training you will receive a Statement of Attainment for the units of competency listed above or a Certificate of Attendance for non-accredited training.
This course will benefit various careers including:
- Work Health and Safety Manager
- Workplace Manager
- Floor Manager
- Department Manager
- HR Manager
- Safety Practitioner
- Supervisor or management position in certain industries
- Security Officers
- Building Managers
- Office Managers
- Hotel or Restaurant Managers
- Safety & Emergency Managers
- Education Professionals
- Team Leaders
- National Accreditation and ISO9001-2015 Quality Accreditation
- Our Experience
- Flexibility and Clients First
- We Deliver What We Say We Will
Find out more on our Why Choose FSA page.
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Course Pricing: $1,200
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted. We also offer payment instalments.
Can we combine various courses or multiple staff members into a training package? Yes companies can add other FSA courses into a training package, or enrol multiple attendees to save money.
Contact us via the enquiry form below for more information.
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- More than 5 business days - no charge
- 5 business days or less - 50% of course fee
- 24 hours from start time - no refund
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- Transferred / cancelled more than 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred / cancelled 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred / cancelled 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
When transferring an enrolment from one course date to another the following charges will apply:
- Transferred 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
- Name changes to the booked course - 5 business days or less prior to the course date will incur a $50.00 + GST fee per name change
Contact us at email@example.com for further information
Find Course Dates And Enrol
⇓ Use this option to choose your preferred state.
Contact us to learn more
Gain practical skills, earn nationally recognised qualifications and open up more job opportunities. Our courses are valued by companies and organisations across Australia. You may also be able to earn credit towards a university degree in some courses.
Contact our experienced Course Advisors to discuss more about this course or discover other courses that will suit you.