PUASAR022 Participate in a rescue operation
View Course Preview
Why Choose This Course
Our nationally accredited Tower Rescue Training Course is designed for personnel whom may be required to perform one on one – top down rappel rescues from towers, cranes, bridges or similar platforms. This training course develops the skills of personnel to complete a complex rope rescue on their own using rope rescue equipment and tower climbing equipment.
This training provides personnel with training to combat various types of onsite emergencies. Following the training course, the emergency response team shall be capable of responding and controlling various rope rescue on-site emergencies, as such this rescue focused course is not designed for general “Tower” workers.
FSA Entry Requirements:
- Fitness to participate declaration
- Enclosed shoes or safety footwear and PPE clothing appropriate to site requirements
- Sufficient language, literacy & numeracy skills to complete the course
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid# – or equivalent
Evidence of each participant holding the above competency must be provided prior to entry into the course.
- AS4488 & AS1891.4 – Falls from height regulations
- Hardware theory
- Life rescue knots & hitches
- Anchor points / anchor systems
- Suspension trauma
- Rappelling skills
- Rescue team ethos & ideals
- Lowering & raising systems
- Patient handling
- ‘Pick off’ rescues
- Safety officer & team leader roles & responsibilities
Onsite or at our training facility
Public and corporate courses available in most States & Territories
Access to FSA’s dedicated customer support.
Qualified and experience trainers.
On successful completion of the course you will receive a Statement of Attainment for the nationally recognised Units of Competency:
• PUASAR022A Participate in a rescue operation
• PUAEME001B Provide emergency care
• PUAFIR215 Prevent injury
This course will benefit various careers including:
- Work Health and Safety Manager
- Workplace Manager
- Floor Manager
- Department Manager
- HR Manager
- Safety Practitioner
- Supervisor or management position in certain industries
- Security Officers
- Building Managers
- Office Managers
- Hotel or Restaurant Managers
- Safety & Emergency Managers
- Education Professionals
- Team Leaders
- National Accreditation and ISO9001-2015 Quality Accreditation
- Our Experience
- Flexibility and Clients First
- We Deliver What We Say We Will
Find out more on our Why Choose FSA page.
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: PPE clothing and safety footwear appropriate to site requirements
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Course Pricing: $650
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted. We also offer payment instalments.
Can we combine various courses or multiple staff members into a training package? Yes companies can add other FSA courses into a training package, or enrol multiple attendees to save money.
Contact us via the enquiry form below for more information.
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- More than 5 business days – no charge
- 5 business days or less – 50% of course fee
- 24 hours from start time – no refund
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- Transferred / cancelled more than 5 business days prior to course date – no charge
- Transferred / cancelled 5 business days or less prior to course date – 50% of course fee
- Transferred / cancelled 24 hours from start time – no refund / full course charge
When transferring an enrolment from one course date to another the following charges will apply:
- Transferred 5 business days prior to course date – no charge
- Transferred 5 business days or less prior to course date – 50% of course fee
- Transferred 24 hours from start time – no refund / full course charge
- Name changes to the booked course – 5 business days or less prior to the course date will incur a $50.00 + GST fee per name change
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
Find Course Dates And Enrol
Contact us to learn more
Gain practical skills, earn nationally recognised qualifications and open up more job opportunities. Our courses are valued by companies and organisations across Australia. You may also be able to earn credit towards a university degree in some courses.
Contact our experienced Course Advisors to discuss more about this course or discover other courses that will suit you.