Undertake Vertical Rescue
PUASAR032 Undertake vertical rescue
PUASAR022 Participate in a rescue operation
- Book Anytime -
Price on Enquiry *
Why Choose This Course
Our nationally accredited Vertical Rescue course is designed for personnel who may be required to perform rope rescues to rescue injured personnel. This training course is taught by experienced emergency services instructors who will perform rescue scenarios that are relevant to our clients sites and is very ‘hands on’ with 75% of the time being ‘on ropes’ and performing rescue scenarios. Various types of equipment can be covered depending on the complexity of the types of rescue methods applicable at the site. Training and course subjects will be completely tailored to the requirements of the worksite. Following the training course, all competent personnel shall be capable of responding and controlling various on-site rope rescue emergencies as this training program is rescue focused and not designed for general ‘working at heights’ workers.
FSA Entry Requirements:
- Fitness to participate declaration – this is a physically demanding training course
- Sufficient language, literacy & numeracy skills to complete the course
- Safety footwear and PPE clothing appropriate to site requirements
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid # (or equivalent)
Evidence of each participant holding the above competency must be provided prior to entry into this course
Where the participant fails to provide the entry requirements for this course, no Statement of Attainment will be issued
- Compliance requirements for equipment, access and fall arrest systems
- Software theory: harness, ropes etc
- Hardware theory
- Life rescue knots & hitches
- Anchor points / anchor systems
- Suspension trauma
- Rappelling skills
- Line ascension skills
- Rescue team ethos & ideals
- Lowering & raising systems
- Stretcher escorting & patient handling
- ‘Pick off rescues’
- Safety officer & team leader roles & responsibilities
- Belay systems & climbing skills (optional)
- Decline traverses (optional)
- Tyrolean traverses (optional)
Onsite or at our training facility
Corporate courses available in all states
Access to FSA’s dedicated customer support.
Qualified and experience trainers.
On successful completion of the training you will receive a Statement of Attainment for the units of competency listed above or a Certificate of Attendance for non-accredited training.
This course will benefit various careers including:
- Work Health and Safety Manager
- Workplace Manager
- Floor Manager
- Department Manager
- HR Manager
- Safety Practitioner
- Supervisor or management position in certain industries
- Security Officers
- Building Managers
- Office Managers
- Hotel or Restaurant Managers
- Safety & Emergency Managers
- Education Professionals
- Team Leaders
- National Accreditation and ISO9001-2015 Quality Accreditation
- Our Experience
- Flexibility and Clients First
- We Deliver What We Say We Will
Find out more on our Why Choose FSA page.
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Course Pricing: Price on Enquiry
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted. We also offer payment instalments.
Can we combine various courses or multiple staff members into a training package? Yes companies can add other FSA courses into a training package, or enrol multiple attendees to save money.
Contact us via the enquiry form below for more information.
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- More than 5 business days - no charge
- 5 business days or less - 50% of course fee
- 24 hours from start time - no refund
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- Transferred / cancelled more than 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred / cancelled 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred / cancelled 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
When transferring an enrolment from one course date to another the following charges will apply:
- Transferred 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
- Name changes to the booked course - 5 business days or less prior to the course date will incur a $50.00 + GST fee per name change
Contact us at email@example.com for further information
Contact us to learn more
Gain practical skills, earn nationally recognised qualifications and open up more job opportunities. Our courses are valued by companies and organisations across Australia. You may also be able to earn credit towards a university degree in some courses.
Contact our experienced Course Advisors to discuss more about this course or discover other courses that will suit you.