Gas Test Atmospheres
MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres
- Book Anytime -
View Course Preview
Why Choose This Course
This Gas Testing atmospheres training course is designed for personnel who may need to undertake monitoring of potentially hazardous atmospheres in the workplace. Areas that may need to be atmospherically tested may include: confined spaces, work around hazardous material storage areas, restricted spaces or areas which contain dangerous goods.
This training course will teach personnel when gas testing is required, how to conduct gas testing and how to determine if the atmosphere is safe to work in. Many practical exercises are included as part of the training and involves ‘hands on’ experience operating gas testing equipment.
The course is suitable for an individual working alone or within a team or group and working in liaison with other shift team members and the control room operator as appropriate.
FSA Entry Requirements:
- Fitness to Participate
- Appropriate safety footwear, long pants, long sleeves
- Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
- Legislative framework for gas detection
- When is gas testing required
- Supervisor responsibilities
- Gas testing permits to work and hot work requirements
- Risk assessments and the need to consider atmospheric monitoring requirements during the risk assessment
- Confined space permit overview
- Air densities of common gases
- Oxygen deficiency, oxygen enrichment, lower explosive levels, carbon monoxide, hydrogen sulphide, methane and other gases
- Exposure limits: TWAs, STELs, IDLHs etc
- Gas testing log sheets
- Gas detector maintenance
- Gas detector bump testing and calibration requirements
- Gas detector records
Onsite or at our training facility
Public and corporate courses available in most States & Territories
Access to FSA’s dedicated customer support.
Qualified and experience trainers.
On successful completion of the training you will receive a Statement of Attainment for the units of competency listed above or a Certificate of Attendance for non-accredited training.
This course will benefit various careers including:
- Work Health and Safety Manager
- Workplace Manager
- Floor Manager
- Department Manager
- HR Manager
- Safety Practitioner
- Supervisor or management position in certain industries
- Security Officers
- Building Managers
- Office Managers
- Hotel or Restaurant Managers
- Safety & Emergency Managers
- Education Professionals
- Team Leaders
- National Accreditation and ISO9001-2015 Quality Accreditation
- Our Experience
- Flexibility and Clients First
- We Deliver What We Say We Will
Find out more on our Why Choose FSA page.
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Course Pricing: $190
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted. We also offer payment instalments.
Can we combine various courses or multiple staff members into a training package? Yes companies can add other FSA courses into a training package, or enrol multiple attendees to save money.
Contact us via the enquiry form below for more information.
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- More than 5 business days - no charge
- 5 business days or less - 50% of course fee
- 24 hours from start time - no refund
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- Transferred / cancelled more than 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred / cancelled 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred / cancelled 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
When transferring an enrolment from one course date to another the following charges will apply:
- Transferred 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
- Name changes to the booked course - 5 business days or less prior to the course date will incur a $50.00 + GST fee per name change
Contact us at email@example.com for further information
Contact us to learn more
Gain practical skills, earn nationally recognised qualifications and open up more job opportunities. Our courses are valued by companies and organisations across Australia. You may also be able to earn credit towards a university degree in some courses.
Contact our experienced Course Advisors to discuss more about this course or discover other courses that will suit you.