GWO Advanced Rescue Training – Initial
Onsite Or At Our Training Centres
Why Choose This Course
Wind turbines are increasingly placed in remote areas far away from established medical facilities – both offshore and onshore. The time from placing the emergency/distress call until the professional emergency responders arrive at the location is also increasing.
Working in remote areas requires the wind turbine personnel teams to have a high level of self-reliance in emergency situations especially when it can be questioned if professional help can be expected in the nacelle of modern wind turbines, due to increasing heights and their limited skills to climb the turbine and perform the rescue from the turbine.
FSA Entry Requirements:
- GWO Basic Safety Training Modules – Heights, First Aid, Fire Awareness & Manual Handling
- Fitness to participate, participants must be physically capable of wearing a harness and climbing a ladder safely, maintaining 3 points of contact
- Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
- Long sleeves and long pants, appropriate safety footwear
- Winda ID
Evidence of each participant holding the above competencies must be provided prior to entry into the course.
GWO Advanced Rescue Training supports the employer by mitigating numerous common wind turbine emergency rescue related hazards, included but not limited to:
- Injured person getting stuck due to structure interference
- Use of improper anchor point for injured person transportation
- Ropes, slings and similar breaking due to sharp edges
- Improper rescue method and technique
- Physical shock, mental stress, exhaustion, fatigue due time-consuming rescue
- Challenging weather conditions for rescue: wind speed, extreme temperatures and alike
- Due to limited space difficulties to put harness and other rescue equipment onto an injured person and prepare the injured person for safe transportation
- Collision of injured person and vessel when delivering the injured person down to the vessel, due to vessel moving up and down
- Burns from contact HV-cables or hyperthermia during rescue operation
- Improper PPE of rescuer and/or placing improper PPE onto injured person
- Improper means of communication during rescue operation
- Improper positioning of turbine parts
- Movable parts of the wind turbine not locked properly etc.
GWO recommends that decisions concerning the ratio of AR trained personnel is based on the employer’s risk assessment and work specific characteristics. The basic elements to consider when determining the ratio of AR trained personnel are:
- The activities being undertaken (risk & complexity)
- Organizational limitations to ensure that the required AR trained personnel are available. Such as variations in the team’s composition and size.
- The reasonably expected support of professional emergency responders, including availability of personnel trained for heights and their reasonable expected response time. The guiding principle when determining the required amount of trained staff, is that the emergency response time of a trained Emergency responder should be as small as is reasonable possible. In other words, if training additional employees in advanced rescue provides a significant reduction in response time, then GWO advices to train those additional employees. To implement GWO ART, the employer will need to havethe following:
- An integrated emergency response plan
- Sufficiently trained personnel
- Dedicated advanced rescue equipment
Practical 1-4 (onsite)
- 3 days Individual Module delivery
- Hub Rescue – 8 hours
- Nacelle, Tower & Basement Rescue – 16 hours
- Single Rescuer Hub, Spinner & Inside Blade Rescue – 5 hours
- Single Rescuer nacelle
Onsite or at our training facility
Public courses available (SA only).
Corporate courses available in most states.
Access to FSA’s dedicated customer support.
Qualified and experience trainers.
On successful completion of the training you will receive a Statement of Attainment for the units of competency listed above or a Certificate of Attendance for non-accredited training.
This course will benefit various careers including:
- Work Health and Safety Manager
- Workplace Manager
- Floor Manager
- Department Manager
- HR Manager
- Safety Practitioner
- Supervisor or management position in certain industries
- Security Officers
- Building Managers
- Office Managers
- Hotel or Restaurant Managers
- Safety & Emergency Managers
- Education Professionals
- Team Leaders
- National Accreditation and ISO9001-2015 Quality Accreditation
- Our Experience
- Flexibility and Clients First
- We Deliver What We Say We Will
Find out more on our Why Choose FSA page.
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted. We also offer payment instalments.
Can we combine various courses or multiple staff members into a training package? Yes companies can add other FSA courses into a training package, or enrol multiple attendees to save money.
Contact us via the enquiry form below for more information.
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- More than 5 business days - no charge
- 5 business days or less - 50% of course fee
- 24 hours from start time - no refund
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- Transferred / cancelled more than 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred / cancelled 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred / cancelled 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
When transferring an enrolment from one course date to another the following charges will apply:
- Transferred 5 business days prior to course date - no charge
- Transferred 5 business days or less prior to course date - 50% of course fee
- Transferred 24 hours from start time - no refund / full course charge
- Name changes to the booked course - 5 business days or less prior to the course date will incur a $50.00 + GST fee per name change
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
Find Course Dates And Enrol
⇓ Use this option to choose your preferred state.
Contact us to learn more
Gain practical skills, earn nationally recognised qualifications and open up more job opportunities. Our courses are valued by companies and organisations across Australia. You may also be able to earn credit towards a university degree in some courses.
Contact our experienced Course Advisors to discuss more about this course or discover other courses that will suit you.