Health and Safety Representatives Initial OHS Training Course (VIC)
Why Choose This Course
This course provides a practical focus on the role of the Health and Safety Representative, with an emphasis on achieving positive outcomes in the workplace through consultation and issue resolution processes. The course is delivered by experienced safety practitioners who add significant value to the achievement of the learning outcomes.
This innovative HSR OHS training course is approved by WorkSafe Victoria and aims to provide Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs) and Deputy HSRs with the information and skills needed to exercise their powers under the Victorian OHS Act 2004. Managers and supervisor or any other person with an interest in OHS may benefit from attending this course.
Under the OHS Act 2004 (section 67) all elected HSRs and Deputy HSRs are entitled to undertake WorkSafe Victoria approved OHS training for HSRs and choose their training provider in consultation with their employer. NSCA is approved to deliver the HSR Initial OHS Training Course.
Under Section 67 of the Victorian OHS Act an employer, If requested, must allow an elected HSR and elected Deputy HSR to attend a WorkSafe approved HSR Initial OHS Training course on paid time, pay the cost of the course and any other associated costs.
This course is designed for anyone elected a Health and Safety Representative within the State jurisdiction of VIC.
- Evidence of Identity (EOI)
FSA Entry Requirements:
- Fitness to participate
- Enclosed footwear
- Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
The course content covers:
- Interpreting the OHS legislative framework and its relationship to the HSR
- Duties and responsibilities of PCBUS, officers, workers and other parties under the legislation
- The nature of the consultation process with worker; as required of the primary PCBU
- The purpose and formation of a workgroup within the workplace
- Health & Safety Committees (HSCs)
- The entitlements, rights and protections of an elected HSR / Deputy HSR
- Using negotiation, communication and problem solving skills and strategies as a HSR to represent a workgroup and to resolve VHS issues
- Risk management and the use of risk controls, including the duties and responsibilities of various PCBUs under the legislation
- How HSRs can contribute to risk management in the workplace
- Provisional improvement Notices (PIN) and the right to cease, or direct the cessation of unsafe work
1-20 Face to face training
1-12 Connected Delivery (remote)
5 Days. All 5 days must be completed within 6 months of the first date
Onsite or at our training facility
Public and corporate course available in VIC
Book This Course
Corporate training packages
Would you like group training for your employees? Click here to enquire and we will contact you, or call 1300 88 55 30 so we can tailor a training course for your organisation.
Access to FSA’s dedicated customer support.
Qualified and experience trainers.
On successful completion of the course you will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
This course will benefit various careers including:
- Work Health and Safety Manager
- Workplace Manager
- Floor Manager
- Department Manager
- HR Manager
- Safety Practitioner
- Supervisor or management position in certain industries
- Security Officers
- Building Managers
- Office Managers
- Hotel or Restaurant Managers
- Safety & Emergency Managers
- Education Professionals
- Team Leaders
- National Accreditation and ISO9001-2015 Quality Accreditation
- Our Experience
- Flexibility and Clients First
- We Deliver What We Say We Will
Find out more on our Why Choose FSA page.
- Parking is available on site
- Tea & coffee is provided
- What to wear: Closed toe shoes and clothing that may get dirty
- What to bring: Pen and paper
Course Pricing: $195.00
Payment Methods: All credit cards, direct deposit, cheque or cash are accepted. We also offer payment instalments.
Can we combine various courses or multiple staff members into a training package? Yes companies can add other FSA courses into a training package, or enrol multiple attendees to save money.
Contact us via the enquiry form below for more information.
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- More than 5 business days – no charge
- 5 business days or less – 50% of course fee
- 24 hours from start time – no refund
- 2 business day “cooling off period”
- Transferred / cancelled more than 5 business days prior to course date – no charge
- Transferred / cancelled 5 business days or less prior to course date – 50% of course fee
- Transferred / cancelled 24 hours from start time – no refund / full course charge
When transferring an enrolment from one course date to another the following charges will apply:
- Transferred 5 business days prior to course date – no charge
- Transferred 5 business days or less prior to course date – 50% of course fee
- Transferred 24 hours from start time – no refund / full course charge
- Name changes to the booked course – 5 business days or less prior to the course date will incur a $50.00 + GST fee per name change
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
Find Course Dates And Enrol
Contact us to learn more
Gain practical skills, earn nationally recognised qualifications and open up more job opportunities. Our courses are valued by companies and organisations across Australia. You may also be able to earn credit towards a university degree in some courses.
Contact our experienced Course Advisors to discuss more about this course or discover other courses that will suit you.